- Job Title
- HR Generalist
- Job ID
- ZIMMERMAN, MN 55398-4738
- Other Location
Located in a new, modern, climate controlled 40,000 sq ft building in Zimmerman, MN. Our client is a vertically integrated designer and manufacturer of high precision linear and rotary positioning stages. They specialize in custom, easy to integrate OEM motion assemblies that have been designed for a customer’s specific application.
Their positioning stages are found in metrology, inspection, and production tools used in the semiconductor, medical device, additive manufacturing, and laser machining industries.
Besides manufacturing products of their own design, our client also offers build-to-print manufacturing for customers who have their own design and want to outsource production. Their expertise and experience building precision motion hardware, along with our ability to measure performance, ensures that what they build will meet all specifications.
Human Resources Generalist
As the HR Generalist, you will be responsible for the daily operation of the Human Resources (HR) department including the hiring and interviewing of staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers and site Executive Management to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications in coordination with current third-party HR support partner.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Assists departmental managers and leaders with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations as required or directed.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required with at least one year of human resources management experience required, OR a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required with at least three years of human resources management experience required OR a high school diploma or GED with at least 5 years of human resources management experience and HR certification required.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or higher certification a plus.
- Automation or manufacturing background a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems with current third-party partners.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Bi-weekly pay
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.