Information Security Engineer (z/Secure/Carla, RACF, and JCL) (z/OS Mainframe Environment)(100% Remote)
- Job Title
- Information Security Engineer (z/Secure/Carla, RACF, and JCL) (z/OS Mainframe Environment)(100% Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Allen, TX 75013-2790
- Other Location
Information Security Engineer (z/Secure/Carla, RACF, and JCL) (z/OS Mainframe Environment) (100% Remote)
United States (100% Remote)
$85,000/yr. - $100,000/yr. – Full time, Mid - Sr. Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Description & Requirements
Under moderate supervision, this position ensures the security of company or customer electronic information. Develops and implements standards for appropriate security checkpoints and encryption methods.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Develops the security of electronic information and establishes security systems, policies and procedures to prevent system compromise or infiltration.
- Establishes appropriate firewall standards and designs and implements security policies to control system access.
- Develops and implements standards for appropriate security checkpoints and encryption methods.
- Assesses the impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information.
- Investigates, recommends, and monitors implementation of new security products and services. Acts as a central point of contact for internal and external customers on security issues.
- Participates in product Change Control Boards and works with other departments to ensure security of products and services.
- Monitors and evaluates internal and external security threats. Researches security threats and implements appropriate changes to programs to prevent company and customer data assets from being compromised.
- Follows up on security findings from security-related reviews and other third-party reviews
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a z/OS mainframe environment
- Must have experience with z/Secure and RACF
- Preferred Programming knowledge in Rexx, Sort, Carla, or CLIST (Carla is the most important here)
- Familiar with Mainframe, TSO, JCL, SDSF.
What would be nice for you to have:
- SSCP, CCNA, TICSA, or Security + certification.
- Understanding of credit and debit card processing
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- General knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of information security as it applies to and impacts the organization.
- General leadership, organizational, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
to our company in a variety of ways.