Human Resources Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resources Manager
- Job ID
- Savannah, GA 31302
- Other Location
Human Resourced Manager
Hybrid Flex w/ Remote to Start but eventually 100% On-Site
$85,000/yr. - $110,000/yr. – Full-time Senior Level
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
As Human Resources Manager, this individual will provide counsel and support in all areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to, recruitment and retention, compensation, benefits, performance management, training and development, engagement, employee relations and compliance with both State and Federal regulations.
- Partner and collaborate with customer groups to better understand their business and HR needs.
- Identify and assess business partner needs for employee development and training. Coordinate with business partners to deliver cross-functional and on-the-job training
- Collaborate with business partners on employee relations matters including investigations, corrective action, employee complaints and career counseling.
- Establish HR metrics to help business partner understand HR related topics that support and drive business results.
- Ensure legislative compliance and monitor compliance of company policies and programs such as postings, orientation, retention, exit interviews and revisions to handbooks and orientation materials.
- Partner with leadership to develop and maintain an organizational design structure that provides for appropriate levels of management as well as development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in the Divisional functions and Corporate HR to ensure that HR strategies support and drive the accomplishment of business initiatives within a given function.
- Administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Responsible for hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
Years of Experience
- 7-10+ years of Human Resources experience, including previous leadership/management experience in a large manufacturing plant environment required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Human Resources or Business degree preferred) or related work experience.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
Desired Abilities and Skills
- Experience with talent management, succession planning and leadership development
- Experience in compensation strategy and benefits administration
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport within all levels of the organization (up, down and sideways) in a global company
- A positive attitude, with the ability to influence change
- Ability to conduct effective interviews
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems and applications
The person who assumes this role must possess the following core competencies necessary for success in order to meet business objectives:
- Safety Focus: The ability to take the practical actions necessary to ensure that workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses are minimized.
- Creativity and Innovation: The capacity to originate new or radical alternatives to traditional methods, approaches, and products.
- Customer Service Orientation: The ability to identify, understand, and give priority to satisfying the needs of internal and external customers.
- Quality Orientation: The ability to take the action necessary to ensure that all work is completed with accuracy and integrity.
- Relationship Building: The ability to build and maintain friendly, reciprocal, and warm relationships or networks of contacts with people.
- Change Orientation: The ability to respond positively and appropriately when confronted with the need to change.
- Achievement Motivation: The drive and determination to reject average performance and set challenging goals for self and others to achieve significant improvements.