- Job Title
- Transportation Planner
- Job ID
- Alhambra, CA 91803
- Other Location
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening to support a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced Transportation Planner in Alhambra, CA. The Transportation Planners will furnish transportation planning services, including but not limited to, the tasks described below. This is a full-time office-based role, 4 days per week at the client field offices in Alhambra, California. Remote-based work is not available for this role.
The Transportation Planner will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of the concept phase for transportation projects, which includes the preparation and delivery of grant applications, coordination and scheduling of projects, as well as the timely resolution of any issues to ensure that the projects are ready for design, outreach, and construction.
- Identify and develop project concepts including preliminary engineering work, which includes project background, objectives, scope, alternative solutions, funding deadlines, and all tasks required to deliver the project for design.
- This includes proposing and considering planning improvements, but is not limited to the following: Active Transportation User Studies (i.e. Pedestrian/Bicycle counts, destination analyses); ADA curb ramps; Bicycle and Pedestrian Infrastructure Design; Cost Estimates (Design and Construction); Crosswalk Improvements; Curb Extensions; Data Analytics, Mapping, Visualizations; Environmental Requirements; Envision considerations; Existing projects and studies; E-Bikes/E-Scooters Facilities and Programs; EV facilities; Field investigation, when necessary; Guardrail Installation and Upgrades; Grade Separations; Identification/Analysis of Affordable Housing/Sustainable Communities opportunities, or other program opportunities; Intelligent Transportation Systems devices; Intersection Improvements/Enhancements; Landscape design; Long range and short-term transportation planning alternative analysis; Low-Impact Development; Mobility Hubs; Multi-Modal Transportation Planning and Analysis; Parking; Parkway Improvements; Pavement Improvements; Planned projects; Rehabilitation, preservation, and reconstruction of County maintained Roads and Flood Control facilities; Right-of-Way Considerations; Roadway/Flood Control Enhancements to meet current County standards; Roadway Landscaping; Roadway Widenings; Roundabout Installations; Street Lighting Facilities; Street Trees; Traffic Calming, Pedestrian Safety and Access Enhancement; Traffic Signal and Timing Upgrades; Traffic Studies; Transit Improvements; Truck Impacted Intersections (Turning Radius); Vehicle Miles Travelled Analysis and Mitigation Measures; Vision Zero.
- Development of scopes-of-work for future projects, grant applications, and detailed feasibility concepts/studies.
- Gather grant data requirements for before-and-after requirements by researching existing data and/or by coordinating with other divisions and/or Departments.
- Conduct alternative analysis in determining other solutions and impact on an area-wide, sub-area, corridor-level, or spot analysis of multimodal transportation alternatives to identify and evaluate transportation needs in Los Angeles County.
- Interact, coordinate, and schedule meetings with other County divisions, Departments, and outside agencies to develop project concepts.
- The consultant shall be familiar with and comply with the current Public Works standards and parameters when performing services.
- The consultant will identify potential funding stream(s), assessing funding amounts, where and when funding is sourced, and under what conditions.
- The consultant will prepare grant applications including:
- Reviewing grant applications
- Proposing improvements
- Coordinating with other divisions and agencies for input
- Preparing grant application documents and attachments
- Development of project schedules for the project planning, design, and construction phases
- Develop a realistic and accurate schedule in Microsoft Project and obtain concurrence from the project team with appropriate input from all necessary PW divisions
- Monitor schedules on a regular basis and ensure that the project team is providing necessary updates for completed and delayed activities in the planning phase
- Maintain the accuracy of the Microsoft Project schedules
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering/urban planning or related field (professional license desirable).
- 3 of experience in transportation planning of the types of projects described above.
- Proficiency in using MS Project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of NEPA and CEQA regulations.
- Previous experience of Satisfactory past performance and growth in assigned responsibility and management.
- Completion of tasks on schedule and to the satisfaction of the supervisor.
- Managing projects, including federally funded, in public works setting.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.