Senior Structural Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Structural Engineer
- Job ID
- Reston, VA 20191
- Other Location
Lead Structural EngineerReston, VA (or) Houston, TX
@Orchard LLC has multiple openings for experienced Structural Engineers to support a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sectors. These are contract-to-hire positions with an initial contract duration being a minimum of 4-6 months. The work can be located either in Reston, VA or Houston, TX.
- Conduct Site Surveys
- Design and Engineering services for identified locations throughout the United States
- Supervise a design team of other engineers and designers.
- Ensure compliance with Government and National Codes and Standards
- Manage the design for Radiation Portal Monitor foundations and their anchorage.
- Manage the design for other ancillary equipment foundations and their anchorage.
- Responsible for Radiation Portal Monitor (GFE) technical support which may include the review of engineering drawings, manufacturer drawings, and equipment specifications. Technical support is provided to various departments including Engineering, Design, Operations, and Construction.
- Guides and informs on the development, enhancement, and refinement of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria on a routine basis.
- Extensive and significant knowledge of structural engineering.
- Assist other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in technical discussions to facilitate the development and updating of standards.
- Ability to interpret and adapt relevant industry best practices, standards, and legislation for the benefit of the Company.
- Resolve technical issues that may arise in updating and development of standards.
- Work in a matrixed team environment and promote team effectiveness by providing technical guidance, coaching, and communicating expectations to the team.
- Ability to prioritize work and be a team member on multiple projects at one time under budget and time constraints.
- Ability to perform and check complex calculations and studies (steel structures, concrete foundations, etc.) to support the RPMP project.
- Prepare comprehensive written and oral reports of technical problems, investigative findings, and engineering recommendations.
- Support Project Manager and Project Management Processes.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and other personnel.
Experience and Skillset Required:
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and 5-7 years of related work experience.
- Familiarity with MATHCAD, RISA, SAP, STAAD, REVIT, AUTOCAD and/or other similar software tools is desirable.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, and others in a positive, team-building manner.
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, safety standards, and current civil and structural engineering design codes including but not limited to, construction and maintenance practices, ASCE, ACI, AISC, SEI, ANSI, ASTM, Internal Building Code.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and prioritization skills on large-scale projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- A valid driver's license is required with an acceptable driving record that meets National Grid’s Safe Driver Policy.
- Must be able to travel 30% (1 Week a month conducting site visits).
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.