Network Solutions Engineer (Optical)
- Job Title
- Network Solutions Engineer (Optical)
- Job ID
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
Network Solutions Engineer (Optical)
Baltimore, Maryland Region@Orchard LLC has been retained by one of the most important technology companies you’ve never heard of. They are responsible for the underlying networks supporting many of the innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile stream your favorite show), as well as critical infrastructure that keeps us safe and serves critical missions.
Must currently hold an active Top-Secret Clearance as well as SCI with Full Scope Poly
For more than 25 years, our client has been the global leader in networking strategy, and their technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies and government institutions in the world. The Government Services Division of our client supports the mission-critical infrastructure of some of the most important aspects of our National and International Security. If you believe in innovation, fail fast, learn fast, and wish for a start-up culture with the security of a major firm, all while serving the most important of missions, we need to hear from you!
As a Network Solutions Engineer (Optical) you will
- Work closely with customers and other stakeholders to understand customers’ needs and how to best support their network architecture.
- Leverage your strong understanding of SONET, DWDM, ROADM (and other (n)OADM configurations) architecture and provisioning and implementation.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of Carrier Ethernet architecture and provisioning and implementation.
- Develop test plans for customer network architecture, and interoperability, ensure the functionality and security of equipment, and determine optimal equipment configurations suitable for customers’ and stakeholder’s requirements.
- Prepare implementation plans based on the results of testing and provide expert engineering support in the deployment of the proposed enhancements and modifications to include Layer-0, Layer-1, and Layer-2 processes and configurations.
- Work in a lab environment, read/follow network diagrams, cabling guides, and signal flow diagrams.
- Be able to perform manual manipulation and installation of varying products from SFP/XFPs (Pluggable) and occasionally to shelves (Up to 75lbs).
- Manipulate fiber optic patches (Clean, Run, Replace patches).
- Prepare technical documentation, present, and coherently relay to customers the information within, including network diagrams, signal flow diagrams, and detailed equipment specifications.
- Remotely assist customer troubleshooting, installation, and implementation with field deployment efforts as Tier III/Tier IV.
- Provide weekly updates to varying internal and external contract stakeholders.
- Learn new technology, apply and share applicable knowledge with customers, stakeholders, and peers
- Active TS/SCI/Full Scope Poly (Must have).
- Knowledge and experience with Layer-0, Layer-1, Layer-2
- Familiarization with fiber optics to include ISP (patches and connectors) and OSP (fiber characterization and OTDR familiarity)
- BS degree in Telecommunications, Networking, or similar technical field of study (Experience in related field in lieu of Degree)
- Security+ or any equivalent DoD 8570 (IAT Level II or higher)
- The candidate will have a diverse Telecommunications background, strong hands-on technical experience, and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team orientation, organized, and capable of independent work.
- Willingness to assist team members with other projects as required.
- Join customer pre-sales calls and share knowledge/expertise.
- Possible travel time up to 25%”
- Current or Prior experience knowledge with the Ciena Product Family.
- Project+, OR Scrum Master Certification.
The anticipated salary range is $125-200k per annum plus bonus eligibility. The salary information provided is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.