Data Analyst III - VHA Data
- Job Title
- Data Analyst III - VHA Data
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Data Analyst III - Healthcare Fraud
Washington, DC - Hybrid
@Orchard LLC is supporting a not-for-profit corporation that partners with public and private sectors to create high quality, safe, and efficient delivery of health care and human services programs. They have multiple lines of business including population health, utilization review, managed care organization quality review, and quality assurance for programs serving individuals with developmental disabilities. Our Client is also a national leader in fighting fraud, waste and abuse for large organizations across the country. In addition, our Foundation provides grant opportunities to those with programs for under-served communities.
If you want to make a difference in the future of our nation's healthcare programs, this is the company for you!
Our client has an immediate opening for a Data Analyst III with strong SAS, Python, R and/or SQL programming skills to work with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA). You will join a team of experienced data analytics professionals supporting our efforts to detect and investigate fraud, waste and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
This is a hybrid position supporting the VHA and is based in Washington, DC. They offer a collaborative and inclusive work environment, opportunities for advancement, excellent benefits, a generous leave program and a retirement plan that features an employer contribution equal to 10% of your annual earnings.
About the Data Analyst Role:
This position performs study design, data analysis, and report preparation. Studies originate from preliminary data analysis (trends), literature review, experience and expertise of the team, and mandated projects. Data analysis, including data preparation and presentation of findings is performed in conjunction with other analysts. Reports are drafted by teams with leadership of Scientists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trend data to identify potential opportunities (e.g., variances, significant outliers, percentile ranked groups) for quality improvement or focused investigations.
- Aid in design data analysis strategies to identify potential areas for quality improvement or focused investigation.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and summarize into quality indicator values
- Develop tabular and graphical presentations of data, which clearly and concisely illustrate current levels of care.
- Populate tabular and graphical presentation of data.
- Contribute to the development of interventions (i.e., develop educational materials for doctors and nurses) which will improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
- Facilitate design re-measurement strategies (after intervention) of healthcare processes and outcomes to effectively quantify impact of interventions for improvement.
- Analyze re-measurement data and summarize into quality indicator values.
- Support development of reports concerning all of the above.
- May mentor junior Data Analysts in technical aspects of their work.
- Assist in preparing findings for publishing in peer reviewed journals.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, relying on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Fluency in SAS, Python, R and/or SQL and MS Office.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Must possess familiarity with statistical and epidemiological methodologies, and automation techniques for analytic tasks.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive information while preserving the confidentiality of the information.
Your background will include:
- Prior VA/VHA experience
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science) required.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on SAS, Python, R and/or SQL or demonstrated combination of education and experience (OR) Master’s and academic projects, internships, and/or assistantships utilizing statistical programming.
- 6 months experience with health related analytic research and quality improvement methodology (ISO, CQI, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean, Etc.) preferred.
- Working knowledge of healthcare systems, Medicare/Medicaid preferred, healthcare databases and coding systems.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.