- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55421
- Other Location
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an immediate opening for an experienced Administrative Assistant to support a large Federal Systems Integration firm in Minneapolis, MN. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors in the world with over 90, 000 employees. This will be 6 months of contract with a full-time employment opportunity after the contract period and will be employed by @Orchard during the contract period. This resource will have to be onsite at our client's Minneapolis facility.
Description:As an Administrative Assistant III, you’ll work alongside a supportive team as part of the Engineering and Logistics function. Here, you will conduct special projects containing highly confidential information and perform administrative duties to support the Engineering and Logistics staff and managers. Additionally, you will work across all organizational levels at various US sites to gather information and prepare reports. The Engineering and Logistics team also provides a flexible 9/80 work schedule and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, on 401(k) contributions. This position will report to the Lethality Engineering Manager.
General responsibilities include:
Experience/Skill Set Required:
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms, and Zoom calls.
- Coordinate events (e.g., program reviews, training, meetings), including ordering catering, preparing the event space, and being the local contact for visitors.
- Tracking action items to closure.
- Creating and distributing meeting minutes.
- Complete expense reporting and travel arrangements of the on-site management team.
- Support new-hire orientation.
- Update team communications on SharePoint (calendar events, announcements).
- Creating templates o increase department efficiency.
- Update database entries.
- Update and maintain Excel workbooks.
- Work closely with other departments in the execution of assignments.
- Ordering requested office supplies.
- Support site safety and employee activity events (registration, distribution of material, etc.)
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.
- High School Diploma with 2+ years of relevant experience; or associate's or bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- 2 to 4 years of administrative assistant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Execution Focus: Must be a highly organized individual. Able to multi-task and prioritize the highest impact projects and execute well under pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools including intermediate experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other administrative staff.