Bioinformatics Lead Scientist
- Job Title
- Bioinformatics Lead Scientist
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Remote U.S.,
- Other Location
Bioinformatics Lead Scientist
Hybrid remote/Princeton area, New Jersey
Is your passion computational biology and genomic data analysis?
Do you see the potential for impacting patient outcomes through interpreting results of DNA and RNA Next Generation Sequencing in Oncology?
Are you hands-on and technically savvy with respect to building the programs that deliver the logic behind the data models?
Are you interested by the prospect of joining a talented team, currently building a new NGS lab, and becoming a key component of the strategy to disrupt the NGS market?
If your answer to these questions is an emphatic “yes” and you are ready to help lead an established segment leader, with an exceptional reputation in diagnostic testing drive a strategic expansion into genomic sequencing for Oncology, we need to hear from you.
@Orchard LLC has been asked to assist a firm already known for exceptional capabilities in the areas of diagnostic testing as they embark on a new venture and expansion. Our client has created a new Biosciences Division and is building a state-of-the-art lab in New Jersey to provide specialized genomic and molecular pathology (MP) contract services for biopharma as well as for standard-of-care patient testing. The services provided will assist in the research, development, and commercialization of new products for companies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology space, with an emphasis on Oncology.
In support of the highly advanced genomics and MP services, our client is developing a turnkey offering for biopharma clients with central lab work, including sample kitting and logistics management for clinical trials. Critical to the success and long-term viability of the lab will be its approach to Bioinformatics, and our client is committed to developing a best in class capability focused on the implementation and validation of bioinformatics, to interpret, analyze and report results of DNA and RNA NGS in Oncology.
If you have been looking for an opportunity to put your Bioinformatics knowledge to the test, in an environment where you will be building a brand new capability, with a talent team of colleagues and scientists, then we need to hear from you. Our client’s facility is located just outside Princeton, NJ, and will provide an exceptional working environment from a firm already recognized as a Top Place to Work.
As the Lead Bioinformatics Scientist, you will.
- Report directly to the Chief Scientific Officer to develop/implement and validate bioinformatics/data processing pipelines to accurately interpret, analyze, and report results of DNA and RNA next generation sequencing in oncology, performs data management, data analysis, and LIMS implementation to generate annotated final lab report.
- Demonstrate your capabilities in scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical modeling. Deploy bioinformatics code within a clinical setting. Support primary, secondary, and tertiary analysis pipelines. Contribute both to the algorithm design based on bioinformatics/statistics background, and contribute to the software code base, based on proficient programming skills. Work closely with multiple teams across the client organization and external resources, including bioinformatics, software, biology, technology development, lab operations, and Medical Affairs.
Key responsibilities and tasks will include;
- Develop, implement and/or modify, validate, and maintain bioinformatics/data processing pipelines- grade C/C++ software to accurately interpret, analyze, and report results from panel-based or whole exome/whole transcriptome genomics.
- Design, develop, and maintain highly accurate computational algorithms for large-scale analysis of novel types of genomic data to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of NGS data.
- Design and conduct analysis to improve variant calling, classification, and analysis systems.
- Lead investigation and resolution of technical problems, applying best practice statistical/computational methods.
- Develop and implement new QC measures and algorithms into the pipelines, processes, or analyses.
- Assure that quality control criteria are met, and clinical cases are reported timely.
- Work closely with biologist, biochemists, and wet lab technicians and scientists to understand analytical workflows and help improve quality and performance in data acquisition and analysis.
- Serve as a technical expert in bioinformatics within the organization and, collaborating with multiple stakeholders internally or externally, provide support to multiple projects and programs.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures for bioinformatics analyses of clinical diagnostic tests. Maintain and implement changes to LIMS and other software interfaces as needed.
Your background will include.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Biological Sciences.
- 7+ years of post doc experience at a diagnostic company, clinical lab, pharmaceutical company and/or academic institution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, R, Bioconductor, Shell scripting, Git, and Docker.
- Familiarity with Linux and cloud computing.
- Experience with the application of machine learning and statistical methods for gene expression data analysis.
- Familiarity with NGS tools for read trimming, sequence search, alignment, filtering, genome browsers, alignment, viewers, etc. Familiarity with NGS instrumentation and platforms. Familiarity with NGS databases and references.
- Extensive experience in building up an automatic data process pipeline from the ground up, particularly in Precision Oncology (Liquid Biopsy Biomarker Pipeline with UMI Collapse for errors correction).
- Strong analytical thinking and computational skills coupled with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of predictive or prognostic algorithm development.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the development of statistical models.
- Experience developing custom algorithms for the interpretation of NGS data is preferred.
- The ability to synthesize high-level concepts, drive projects forward, while maintaining attention to detail
If you believe you have the experience above, the desire to participate in creating a new solution-set within the genomic sequencing space, one that marries the best from standards of care and biopharma, then, we are waiting to speak with you.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.