UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Medical Science Liaison - Oncology - PA, OH, IN, IL Territory
- Job Title
- Medical Science Liaison - Oncology - PA, OH, IN, IL Territory
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA
- Other Location
- Anywhere in Ohio or Pennsylvania
Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
Work from Home
Territory: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana & Illinois (Lower Great Lakes)Are you an MSL with proven KOL relationships within academic and other hospital ecosystems focused upon Oncology?@Orchard LLC has been retained by a growing pharmaceutical firm focused solely upon Oncology to lead a search for an experienced Medical Science Liaison (MSL) able to work from a home office, with travel, and support a multi-State territory (the current need is to support the Lower Great Lakes regions of IL, OH, PA & IN). Your focus will be to engage Key Opinion Leaders within the most influential teaching and academic centers and other oncology-focused institutions within the territory to understand unmet needs and introduce them to our client’s products and research.
Do you have relationships with stakeholders within leading institutions within the hospital ecosystem centered upon Oncology?
Are you excited by the prospect of supporting life-saving products serving both solid tumor and hematology-related cancers?
Are you someone able to work independently, with minimal direction, and still deliver great results?
Do you want to work for a US-based pharmaceutical firm, owned by a global powerhouse, with an exceptional new product pipeline within the Oncology field, and significant career opportunities for top performers?
If the answer is “yes” to these questions, we would like to hear from you.
About our client;
Looking for a chance to make a real difference in the oncology space? Our client is on a mission: to improve the lives of cancer patients, their families, and caregivers. Their “People first” approach means they also value their employees, who work relentlessly to help us execute the client’s mission. Our client’s success is founded on ensuring they always act with accountability, collaboration, and trust. By following these guiding principles, they earn and maintain the confidence of patients, partners, and each other. Our client is focused on a goal to discover and develop innovative cancer treatments that address unmet patient needs and apply the science behind them in novel ways. As the field of cancer treatment evolves, they evolve with it.
Advanced technology, dedicated investigators, and incomparable facilities: these vast resources empower us to redefine the way the world treats cancer.
It’s our client’s work, passion, and legacy. If the prospect of being part of this sounds exciting, we invite you to connect with us to learn more.
About the role;
As an MSL supporting a defined territory, you will;
- Facilitate and develop the relationship with the medical/scientific community within your assigned territory, by communicating scientific products and disease state elated information to investigators and institutions.
- Provide information on research developments and new concepts in medical treatment, giving perspective to field activities associated with the medical science benefits of existing products and new products.
- You will build lasting and qualitative relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) within Oncology in your territory.
- You will be tasked with bringing back requests for information and insights from your KOLs to the company.
- Identify, establish, and maintain collaborative relationships with key investigators and institutions strategic to the appropriate use of company products.
- Participate in medical education for healthcare professionals, through presentations at appropriate venues.
- Facilitate the identification of medical community training and educational needs, and work with the appropriate departments to ensure required education and training are provided.
- Increase visibility for our client with current and future industry leaders.
- Identify clinical research opportunities that are consistent with company objectives.
- Be the key contact for investigators for the initiation of ISS, and provide investigators with technical support for study development.
- Identify and communicate key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, marketing plans, and strategies.
- Maintain clinical expertise through aggressive education including attendance at relevant conferences, scientific workshops, and review of key journals.
PharmD., Ph.D. or MD (with clinical experience within the US preferred), or a Masters in Nursing, or related field and clinical experience as a Nurse or Nurse Practitioner within the Oncology space.
- This is a field-based position working from a home office: must be available for frequent travel.
- 5 years overall experience as an MSL preferred, with a minimum of 2 years Oncology.
- Demonstrable clinical trial development experience.
- Knowledge of treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, FDA regulations, and OIG guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Proven ability to network and partner with important external customers, including medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors, and pharmacy directors is required.
- Our client is experiencing significant growth and therefore a high level of positive self-motivation and adaptability to rapidly changing demands is essential for your long-term success.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.