Contract Material Handler
- Job Title
- Contract Material Handler
- Job ID
- Aiken, SC 29805
- Other Location
Contract Material Handler
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Contract Material Handler in Aiken, SC. The initial duration of the contract is 6 months with strong potential for extension or full-time employment opportunity based on the business needs and performance.
- Within this role, you will load, unload, and conveys materials within or near plant, yard, or work site and performs a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
- Opening containers using hand tools: counts, weighs and samples materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and recording information.
- Loading and unloading materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, conveyors, and machines by hand.
- Loading or unloading materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Conveys materials using wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices.
- Stacks or assembles materials.
- Aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
- Process the receipt, issue and storing of material daily
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant experience
- Commitment to helping maintain our high level of inventory accuracy by being able to count accurately and learn and process transactions both timely and accurately.
- Ability to follow safety rules and work safely.
- Ability to load and unload trucks.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Have sound interpersonal skills in working with other employees and visitors to our facility. Ability to comply with policies and procedures.
- Ability to pass a fork truck drivers test for safe handling and movement of material in, out and around our facility.
- Ability to understand and process transactions
- Prior material handling experience a plus
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.