UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Bakersfield, CA 93311
- Other Location
Remote / Bakersfield, CA
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced Electrical Engineer either to work remotely or in Bakersfield, CA. The period of performance is 6 months with a full-time employment opportunity after the contract.
Our client is now hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer with a desire to work on Utility and Oil & Gas projects. They have extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, which will propel your career forward with opportunities for advancement with top performance. We need our Senior Engineers to be versatile, and enthusiastic to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment. In this role you will complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the electrical engineering discipline. You will apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses which may involve the use of ETAP and other similar applications.
- Perform complex engineering tasks and difficult engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extract engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Prepare detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Review supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepare and issue specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Provide technical guidance to CAD Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering-related matters.
- Experience working with 480V and up.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer registration in California is desired.
- Proficiency in utilizing software packages typically associated with Electrical Engineering is required. (Revit and AutoCAD)
- Experience in low voltage and medium voltage heavy industrial design, substation design, transmission, and distribution line design, and ETAP modeling required.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.