UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Senior Billing Specialist
- Job Title
- Senior Billing Specialist
- Job ID
- Other Location
Sr. Billing Specialist
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify multiple Billing Specialists to support their work nationwide. This will be a Remote working from home opportunity. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity with initial 6 Months of contract employment through @Orchard.
- Prepare, distribute, revise, coordinate approval process, and finalize invoices for all contract types
- Ensure monthly invoices are submitted to the client by a pre-established due date
- Work with project staff to ensure that bills go forward as quickly as possible, following up on needed approvals to finalize bills
- Establish Excel-based invoices in client prescribed formats (these invoices often require the development and maintenance of automated spreadsheets to prompt the user for required information)
- Establish procedures, routines, and related documentation regarding billing and contract maintenance
- Troubleshoot billing errors, reconciling differences between billed and cost amounts
- Train and/or mentor other team members as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
Required Skills & Education:
- Associate's or equivalent degree in Accounting (or equivalent)
- At least 6 years of related experience
- At least 5 years of government contract experience
- At least 3 years of Billing experience
- Experience in all aspects of client invoicing requirements.
- Understanding of the budget and client invoicing process, as well as comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel
- Demonstrate strategic and critical thinking problem-solving skills
- Proven written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as a thorough knowledge of contract provisions regarding client invoicing and payment processes
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- Ability and willingness to travel to the offices up to 10% as needed
- 8+ experience with Government Contracting
- Experience with COSTPOINT
- Experience with (MPO) Maryland Procurement Office
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.