- Job Title
- Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
- Alexandria, VA
Must hold an active Secret Clearance@Orchard is working with a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on delivering a range of solutions to the US Government in the areas of Data Analytics, Change Management, and Audit Readiness. Our client has a need for an experienced Solutions Architect. Our client offers tremendous growth opportunities and will be able to allow team members to build their careers by moving across different engagements and developing their skills both technically and as client-facing leaders.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia – Hybrid Work
- Are you a Solutions Architect with deep experience in Big Data Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, and Software Management?
- Can you demonstrate depth of knowledge in the areas of Data Engineering Frameworks and Pipelines?
- Are you inherently curious, and a problem solver, excited to deliver creative and innovative solutions to complex data-related challenges?
As a Solutions Architect, you will be expected to.
- Help onboard new use cases and design scalable solutions to meet user requirements.
- Evaluate software and hardware solutions available in the market, and compare them with the existing platform baseline.
- Work closely with Product and Platform Owners to distill requirements.
- Ensure the platform is able to support the functional and operational requirements of such use cases.
- Roll out new capabilities as needed by the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Extensive experience with Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics, Solution Architecture, and Data Architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data systems, including Hadoop, and Spark.
- Experience with Python, Java, Shell Scripting, SQL, or R.
- Experience with briefing senior leadership on solutions to real challenges related to the program.
- Experience with DoD networks and infrastructure.
- Experience working in a complex environment and managing competing priorities.
- Experience working with product leaders to align and manage application and system roadmaps with mission needs
- Experience developing data pipelines using Apache Spark, and Databricks.
- Experience with SQL query engines – Databricks, Snowflake, and Redshift.
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks such as EMR, Athena, and Big Query.
- Experience developing architecture options for existing and new technologies.
- Experience developing target architecture and road maps.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Top Secret Clearance or higher.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.