- Job Title
- Scrum Master
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
- Alexandria, VA
Must hold an active Secret Clearance@Orchard is working with a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on delivering a range of solutions to the US Government in the areas of Data Analytics, Change Management, and Audit Readiness. Our client has a need for an experienced Scrum Master. As the Scum Master, you will play a crucial part in facilitating agile processes, promoting collaboration, and removing obstacles to ensure efficient and successful project delivery while executing mission-critical work. Our client offers tremendous growth opportunities and will be able to allow team members to build their careers by moving across different engagements and developing their skills both technically and as client-facing leaders.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia – Hybrid Work
- Does the idea of using data to justify the adoption of business transformation excite you?
- Do you enjoy partnering with decision-makers to understand data insights and develop solutions that help them better control costs, ensure basic accountability, anticipate the future, measure performance, and maintain optimal operations?
As a Scum Master, you will be expected to.
- Apply functional and technical knowledge to achieve scrum goals, contributing to solutions for moderate scope and complex problems.
- Facilitate scrum events (Daily Standups, Sprint Events, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospective) to ensure effective communication and collaboration within the team.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and communication between team members and stakeholders.
- Guide and coach the team on Agile principles, practices, and ceremonies to foster continuous improvement.
- Assist the Product Owner in refining and prioritizing the product backlog to ensure it is well-groomed and ready for upcoming sprints.
- Identify and address impediments and roadblocks that hinder team progress and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Continuously improve the team’s processes and practices by implementing agile techniques and suggesting adaptations as needed.
- Support a culture of transparency, collaboration, and open communication among the team members and stakeholders.
- Affect change and excel in managing stakeholders to recalibrate expectations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- Active Secret clearance.
- Scrum Master certification is required.
- PMP certification, Agile Coaching certification, and AWS certification are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Scrum Master and Project Manager, managing projects, processes, and teams delivering web-based systems.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira, Agile @ Scale (SAFe, DAD, etc.), Cloud computing, and DoD security requirements.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud, SC2S, and/or C2S.
- Demonstrated experience with managing a technical product portfolio and leading a technical team of 20+ staff.
- Knowledge of programming activities using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in creating and delivering client briefings and status reports.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Agile environment experience.
- Recent experience supporting DOD and/or Intelligence Community (IC) programs.
- Previous experience with Advana is a plus.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.