Data Scientist - Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Data Scientist - Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
- Alexandria, VA
Must hold an active Secret Clearance@Orchard is working with a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on delivering a range of solutions to the US Government in the areas of Data Analytics, Change Management, and Audit Readiness. Our client has a need for an experienced Data Scientist. As a Data Scientist, you will play a crucial role in building data pipelines to efficiently collect and process data from various external sources. Your expertise in developing validation and analytics processes to ensure our team is fully developed to provide data accuracy and reliability for executing mission-critical work. Our client offers tremendous growth opportunities and will be able to allow team members to build their careers by moving across different engagements and developing their skills both technically and as client-facing leaders.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia – Hybrid Work
- Does the idea of using data to justify the adoption of business transformation excite you?
- Do you enjoy partnering with decision-makers to understand data insights and develop solutions that help them better control costs, ensure basic accountability, anticipate the future, measure performance, and maintain optimal operations?
As a Data Scientist, you will be expected to.
- Collaborate with analysts and product leads to identify and implement data solutions.
- Optimize data pipelines to ensure efficient performance with minimal human intervention.
- Build data pipelines for collecting and processing data from various external sources.
- Work with data engineers to manage data pipelines and troubleshoot issues to maintain data quality and reliability.
- Develop validation and analytics processes that are consistent with business needs and strategic goals.
- Assist with machine learning and data visualization initiatives as needed.
- Continuously improve data solutions to effectively address customer needs.
- Communicate and coordinate with teams to accomplish objectives and deliver excellence.
Your background will include the following attributes and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field.
- Secret clearance or higher is required.
- Minimum of 4 years with SQL and modern Big Data ETL technologies like NiFi or StreamSets.
- Strong background in a modern programming language, such as Python or Java, with at least 4 years of experience working in a big data and cloud environment.
- The ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and collaborate with multiple functional groups.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Agile environment experience
- Recent experience supporting DOD and/or Intelligence Community (IC) programs.
- Previous experience with Advana is a plus.
If you are excited by the prospect of supporting a critical mission through the delivery of vital information gleaned from a wide array of data sources, while working for a fast-growing firm offering great opportunities to progress and excellent benefits, this is an opportunity to explore.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.