Data Connections Engineer
- Job Title
- Data Connections Engineer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
- Alexandria, VA
Data Connections Engineer
Must hold an active Secret Clearance (Top Secret preferred)@Orchard is working with a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB) focused on delivering a range of solutions to the US Government in the areas of Data Analytics, Change Management, and Audit Readiness. Our client has multiple prime and large sub-contract opportunities they are seeking to satisfy for Data Engineers at all levels that require the individual to also hold an active Secret clearance to support areas of the DOD and DHS (several roles require Top Secret clearance). Our client offers tremendous growth opportunities and will be able to allow team members to build their careers by moving across different engagements and developing their skills both technically and as client-facing leaders.
Virginia, Maryland, District of Colombia – Hybrid Work
- Does the idea of using data to justify the adoption of business transformation excite you?
- Do you enjoy partnering with decision-makers to understand data insights and develop solutions that help them better control costs, ensure basic accountability, anticipate the future, measure performance, and maintain optimal operations?
As a Data Connections Engineer, you will be expected to.
- Create and optimize data pipelines from scratch, ensuring scalability, reliability, and high-performance processing.
- Perform data cleansing, data integration, and data quality assurance activities to maintain the accuracy and integrity of large datasets.
- Leverage big data technologies to efficiently process and analyze large datasets, particularly those encountered in a federal agency.
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and provide innovative solutions to address complex data challenges.
- Implement and enforce data governance policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and design optimal data models and architectures.
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and stakeholders to provide timely and accurate data insights and support decision-making processes.
- Maintain documentation for software applications, workflows, and processes.
- Stay updated with emerging trends and advancements in data engineering and recommend suitable tools and technologies for continuous improvement.
- Secret clearance is required; TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience creating data pipelines from scratch.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to solve complex data-related issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets and leveraging big data technologies to process and analyze data efficiently.
- Understanding of data modeling/visualization, database design principles, and data governance practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Knowledge of Qlik/Qlik Sense, QVD/QlikView, and Qlik Production Application Standards (QPAS) is a significant plus.
- Recent DoD or IC-related experience.
- Previous experience with Advana is a plus.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.