- Job Title
- HR Generalist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- St Augustine, FL 32086
- Other Location
The Human Resources Generalist contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the implementation of services, policies, and programs and assists company managers with HR issues.
The knowledge, skill, and ability required of the company Human Resources Generalist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
Recruiting and Staffing
- Developing and implementing employee retention strategies that have been approved by CFO.
- Recruiting logistics and staffing logistics.
- Oversee that the background screening process is performed timely and accurately by the HR Assistant.
- Advertise employee job openings and manage the pipeline.
- Screening applicants for required qualifications.
- Coordinating and Scheduling applicant interviews with department Supervisors.
- Developing and sending offer letters.
- Coordinating and reviewing employee benefit programs and present suggestions to CFO.
- Conducting benefit orientations and benefit enrollment (new hire and open enrollment periods);
- Processing enrollments, changes, terminations with benefit providers.
- Manage benefit related inquiries and/or claims processes.
New Employee On-Boarding
- Developing, implementing, and conducting new employee orientation with the help of the HR Assistant as needed.
- Ensuring workspace is prepared for new hires.
- Responsible for employee relations and implementing team building activities with help from the HR Assistant
- Implementing and tracking performance management systems and issues
- Ensure that the organization is in legal compliance and employing best practices in regards to employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting objectives.
- Overseeing that the monthly reports are generated, including the DCF group home employee background screening status log by HR Assistant and sent to appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Updating policies in HR section of the policies and procedures manual and the employee handbook as needed and according to current HR best practices and in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Maintaining current working knowledge of related Florida Statute and CARF standards to ensure appropriate training requirements are met
- Overseeing the maintenance of training records and training plans for employees and ensure that all data for external course hours have been entered into the Relias system by the HR Assistant.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of federal employment law including workers’ compensation
- Ensuring that employee files and the HR filing system are following applicable legal requirements
- Maintaining the HCM, HRIS or HRMS database and generates scheduled management reports.
- Preparation and maintenance of reports that are necessary to carry out the functions related to advertising positions, interviewing, new hires, onboarding, performance reviews, corrective actions, and terminations
- Preparations of periodic or special reports, as requested by the CFO or Senior Management.
- Participating in staff and other organizational meetings as necessary or requested to represent the HR office.
- Creating and updating the organizational chart.
- Assist with agency fundraising
- Other duties as requested by the CFO.
- Required Skills
High school graduation is required.
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
One to two years of general business experience, Human Resources experience preferred.