Senior Civil Designer
- Job Title
- Senior Civil Designer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Houston, TX 77027
- Other Location
Senior Civil Designer
Houston, TX 77027
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Designer to support a contract for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sectors. The position is a contract-to-hire requiring at least 4 months of contract tenure to be eligible for full-time hire. The work location is Houston, TX with a flexible work schedule (3 days per week in the office; 2 days per week from home).
- Requires strong PC and CAD skills as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments.
- Apply more advanced CAD techniques and develop difficult and complex layouts and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, so that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Develop alternate design layouts of the system as required.
- Ensure compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Review supplier data, shop drawings, and catalog cuts as required.
- Performs checking procedures and assists in training lower-level designers.
- Associate's or equivalent technical degrees or certificates of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred.
- 15 or more years of related work experience in civil site development, infrastructure, grading, and utility design.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD industry standards and practices is required.
- Proficient Civil 3D user on civil design projects.
- Familiar with surveying principles, low impact development, and sustainability in civil design.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.