Estimator - Commercial Construction
- Job Title
- Estimator - Commercial Construction
- Job ID
- New Haven, CT
- Other Location
Estimator – Construction for Higher Education Project
New Haven, ConnecticutAre you an experienced Construction Estimator familiar with cost estimation for challenging vertical and horizontal construction projects?
Are you interested in leading a new construction engagement of significant scale and status throughout a multi-year build cycle?
Are you comfortable working primarily on-site with a client and talented team to deliver exceptional quality, on-time, and on budget?
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a market leader in Program Management of large complex construction projects in both the public and private sectors. Our client has a lead position on a long-term engagement for a leading higher education institution located in Northern Connecticut, including a need for an experienced Estimator with extensive experience in cost estimation for complex vertical and/or horizontal construction projects. This is a salaried role expected to run for several years, and our client has sufficient scale to be able to offer great opportunities for other projects and advancement beyond this initial engagement.
As the Estimator, you will be expected to demonstrate proficiency with the construction industry cost management software package(s). In addition to experience in core areas such as construction management, CPM scheduling, value engineering, risk management, review, claims analysis, and/or contract administration.
As the Estimator you will.
- Perform quantity take-offs, pricing, and estimate deliverable development.
- Provide program-level cost estimating services to support program-level schedules, labor projections, and budgeting for materials.
- Perform reviews and analyses of the contractor and design estimates with a particular focus on GMP practices and standards.
- Develop and review change order requests.
- Participate in the development and analysis of post-construction cost analyses.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant experience which equates to this degree.
- P.E. license, Certified Construction Manager, Certified Cost Professional, and/or Certified Estimating Professional certification preferred.
- Must possess at least one professional estimating certification through at least one of the following: American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) or Chartered Surveyor certification through Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Cost Professional certification through Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE).
- Experience providing cost estimating on vertical and/or horizontal construction projects.
- Proficient with construction industry cost management software package(s).
- Additional experience in one or more of the following desired: construction management, CPM scheduling, value engineering, risk management, constructability review, claims analysis, and/or contract administration.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in reading/understanding construction plans and specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with quantity take-off software programs.
- Experience working with 3D models and associated software programs preferred.
- Experience providing training, supervision, proposal development, and business development desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in developing cost estimates and project budgeting for facilities envelope, roofing, structural, electrical, and mechanical systems.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.