Design Project Manager - Construction
- Job Title
- Design Project Manager - Construction
- Job ID
- New Haven, CT
- Other Location
Design Project Manager – Construction for Higher Education
New Haven, ConnecticutAre you an experienced Design Project Manager with extensive Project Planning experience related to complex construction projects?
Are you interested in leading a new construction engagement of significant scale and status throughout a multi-year build cycle?
Are you comfortable working primarily on-site with a client and talented team to deliver exceptional quality, on-time, and on budget?
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a market leader in Program Management of large complex construction projects in both the public and private sectors. Our client has a lead position on a long-term engagement for a leading higher education institution located in Northern Connecticut, including a need for an experienced Design Project Manager with extensive Project Planning experience. This is a salaried role expected to run for several years, and our client has sufficient scale to be able to offer great opportunities for other projects and advancement beyond this initial engagement.
As the Design Project Manager, you will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering complexities, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities.
As the Design Project Manager you will.
- The Design Project Manager will be responsible for all long-range planning models based on the needs of the department and institutional priorities.
- Provide information and recommendations on physical and comprehensive planning and design issues, large-scale planning studies, and special facilities planning topics.
- Be the primary client contact point and decision-maker for the plan.
- Attend client meetings as the Project Representative.
- Participate in the resolution of planning and technical conflicts and recommend cost-effective options and approaches.
- Ensure that institutional planning objectives and strategies are incorporated into departmental plans and projects.
- Ensure all projects in the planning phase are completed within the approved budget and schedule and conform to applicable codes and zoning ordinances.
- Demonstrated evidence of progressive career development within the construction industry.
- Minimum of 6 years related construction project oversight experience, including at least one engagement within higher education construction.
- Demonstrated direct client contact and client care, managing large complex projects.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete.
- B.S. in an industry-related field, Architecture or Planning preferred.
- Professional registration, other job-relevant certifications such as CCM, CCE, or advanced specialized technical knowledge.
- Detailed knowledge of construction, principles of construction management, and project controls, with specialized knowledge in several areas including building codes, design standards, documentation, contract administration, and the ability to develop design and engineering standards.
- Knowledge of personnel and project management techniques including budgeting, leadership, training, and business
If you have the skills and experience desired coupled with the desire and motivation essential for the role, and you want to be part of a growing company, delivering great results to its clients and employees, we need to hear from you. Please click to apply.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.