Senior Project Manager
- Job Title
- Senior Project Manager
- Job ID
- Silver Springs, MD 20903
- Other Location
Senior Project Manager
Silver Springs, MD 20903
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening to support a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced Project Manager in Silver Springs, MD. The position is Temp-to-Hire with an initial contract duration through @Orchard being at least 4 months.
In this role, you will work under the direction of the Federal Project Manager, managing all on-site activities for small projects, or a subtask of larger projects, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project / client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned area(s) of responsibility. Willingness to work on job sites is expected.
- Support of construction and facilities maintenance program for major clinical laboratory campus
- Collaborates with Federal Project Manager to establish project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support procurement through government systems, quality control and final project deliverables.
- Collaborates with Federal Project Manager to determine the number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks. Anticipates and reports on project staffing needs in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site. Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices. Posts all required legal notices at the job site.
- Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others.
- Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to Federal Project Manager.
- Submits monthly reports to clients and responds to client issues and expectations.
- Assists Federal Project Manager in pricing and negotiating changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors. Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities. Documents and executes changes in the scope of the project.
- Anticipates problems and works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and Federal Project Manager to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client and Federal Project Manager informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or construction-related field (or equivalent)
- 8+ years of related work experience is required with at least 3+ years in a leadership role at a field site.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Enrollment in Construction Project Management certification program is preferred, but not required.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.