Deputy Financial Project Manager - Federal Accounting
- Job Title
- Deputy Financial Project Manager - Federal Accounting
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Deputy Project Manager - Federal Financial Management
Work from Home with an occasional visit to client site in Washington DC.
(Must be commutable to DC)
Must possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust – US Citizenship Required
@Orchard LLC is supporting a client with urgent requirements for an experienced Financial Deputy Project Manager with detailed experience in Federal Financial and Accounting procedures, in addition to exceptional data-analysis skills to support a Federal Civilian client dealing with Audit Remediation tasks. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong team of audit remediation professionals, reporting directly to the Comptroller of the agency. The role is remote/work from home, but because there may be a need to attend some meetings with the government client, you will need to be in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, or Southern Maryland (commutable to DC).
The Deputy Project Manager must have strong writing and communication skills. The position is for a project team at a Federal Government agency in the DC metro area focusing on internal control reviews, assessments of financial business processes, audit readiness, and mitigation of audit material weaknesses.
The Deputy Project Manager should have the ability to:
- Apply project management skills to ensure deadlines are met, Executive Meetings with C-Level clients are productive, project risk mitigation strategies are applied when needed, high-quality deliverables are produced, and the project team is productive and efficient.
- Understand laws, legislation, and regulations related to federal/state unemployment benefits and the required financial reporting.
- Analyze and document financial management business processes.
- Assist in facilitating client meetings and developing strategy methodologies for gathering and collecting data.
- Conduct research and review business processes, standard operating procedures, and other documentation and identify internal control issues or broken processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform data analysis and data visualizations.
- Analyze reports and corresponding data to note key observations and trends for internal control weaknesses or issues.
- Help clients enhance their strategic risk awareness in the areas of enterprise risk management.
- Participate in the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Track and review prepared client audit requests; develop and track corrective actions to mitigate audit findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or another applicable field.
- PMP, CGFM, or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Federal Accounting and Financial Management, including audit controls.
- Prior experience in the areas of Unemployment Insurance or Trust-fund Accounting is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in Analytical and Data Analysis, including tools such as Tableau, Project Management (PMP preferred), Client Delivery, and Team Collaboration.
- Hold or be able to obtain a Public Trust.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.