Technical Product Owner
- Job Title
- Technical Product Owner
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Kansas City, KS
- Other Location
- Bellevue, WA
Technical Product Owner
Kansas City, KS (or) Bellevue, WA
@Orchard LLC is supporting a growing product development firm in its search for an experienced Product Owner. The applicants can be located in Kansas City, KS (or) Bellevue, WA. Our client acts as a trusted advisor for some of the largest network operators in the country and consistently delivers product solutions that are adaptable and cost-effective. This is a long-term consulting opportunity.
As the Product Owner, you will:
- Facilitates requirements sessions with business stakeholders and product owners.
- The owner has an understanding of how projects align with broader organizational goals and business benefits.
- Transforms product strategies into user experiences for desktop, tablet, mobile, and app. Owns the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria. Becomes SME on features and functionality to be developed.
- Facilitates functional and feasibility discussions with technology partners (e.g., architecture, sprint teams, Test) to understand trade-offs with the goal to build the best user experience.
- Assists Portfolio Management with tracking project progress (e.g., user story completion, sprint progress).
Your background will include:
If you match the requirements for this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading or participating in end-to-end software development lifecycle; preferably developing customer-facing web properties or applications for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- At least 1-3 years of experience working on initiatives/projects under an Agile/Agile-like model; sprint, Kanban, iterative, MVP, etc. A strong understanding of the development cycle is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience writing business requirements and at least 1-3 years of experience writing user stories as a software engineer/developer. Experience writing in Gherkin format is preferred but not mandatory. (Not seeking Business Analyst backgrounds)
- Familiarity with agile tools such as Rally to write user stories, track progress, etc.
- Experience either leading or participating in creative design sessions.
- Experience designing workflows to ensure a great user experience.
- Must be a storyteller with the ability to capture and communicate the user experience journey.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of systems analysis experience with an understanding of strategic business information systems.
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Visio
- Experience with a variety of collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence, Clarity, Jira, Rally, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work on direct W-2 status without sponsorship.