- Job Title
- Construction Manager
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02222
- Other Location
Boston, MA 02222
HYBRID with 1-2 days of a site visit
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening to support a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced construction Manager in Boston, MA. The position is Temp-to-Hire with an initial contract duration through @Orchard being at least 4 months. The selected individual will be required to visit client work sites in the New England area approximately 30% of the time.
In this role, you will participate in the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of field engineering assignments including the development of plans, schedules, contracts, procedures, and construction methods and systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing the performance of subcontractors to assure contract compliance, the application of accepted construction technology and standards, and the acceptable standardization of materials and supplies. May provide technical guidance to less experienced field engineering personnel.
Plan on-site visits for each project, to the project sites, covering:
- Attend on-site walk-through with the contractor during the bid process and start-up as determined by the GSA POC.
- Project kick-off meeting for each of the GSA project sites and to interface with the building manager and/or lessor.
- Closeout and acceptance of the project where project site completion is possible within the given period of performance.
- Plan on covering conference calls with the GSA PM and the local GSA project staff during the initiation of the projects and during the bid process.
- Attend, and if required, conduct biweekly and monthly progress meetings including recording and distributing progress meeting minutes.
- Work with the contractor to ensure the GSA Office POCs are aware of any work being done at the GSA Facilities and help coordinate all repairs and alteration projects with the GSA building manager and/or lessor.
- Provide updates to the drawings, specifications, budget, and schedules as changes occur.
- Establish a Schedule for the site visits during the construction/installation of the security equipment.
- Provide Individual Site Issue reports and updated project schedules.
- Prepare cost estimates for new projects and contract change orders.
- Inspect construction Contractor’s work for progress, quality, and conformance with contract documents and applicable local standards.
- Manage and process technical and administrative submittals and RFIs.
- Assist the Government through the development of change order documents, sketches, and cost estimates as required.
- Complete all reporting requirements as required, including field reports and photographs, meeting minutes, tracking Record Drawings, and review and verification of Contractor close-out requirements.
- Coordinate special inspections with the Contractor(s) and 3rd Party Inspector(s) as required.
- Promptly notify the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) of any problems or issues observed.
- Expected to draft all contract-related correspondence for the CO or COR’s signature.
- Participate in weekly telephone conference calls with the COR and other parties as necessary to update the COR.
- Candidate must embrace zero incident philosophy, track safety metrics, and embrace the philosophy of continuous quality improvement and sustainability.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- BS in Architecture, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent experience with at least 8 years of related work experience in managing office renovations and new commercial building construction.
- Good technical writing, analyses, and communication skills as well as being independent and resourceful.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft software, maintaining and interpreting construction schedules, including critical path, understanding equipment/material lead times, and interdependency of various discipline/trade tasks.
- Experience managing office renovation projects.
- History of working with Government Project Managers / CORs on processing change requests, requests for information, submittals, and field observation reports.
- 10-hour OSHA construction safety training is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and verbal are required. The applicant will represent the interests of the government in a professional manner and ensure quality work while maintaining good relationships with contractors as well as GSA staff.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, CADD, and Project; and uploading and transferring documents on SharePoint sites.
- Federal Government experience preferred.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.