Lead Application Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Application Developer
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Princeton, NJ 08504
- Other Location
Lead Application Developer (Java)
Princeton, NJ / Hybrid
@Orchard LLC is supporting a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world in their search for a Lead Application Developer for their Princeton, NJ office. Our client delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services, and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Our client is a subsidiary of a world-leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. The company’s 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, our client helps their clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
As the Lead Application Developer, you will.
- Be responsible for application development of key systems on the new modern technology stack while focusing on quality code, automation, and best practices.
- Lead Applications Developer is responsible for developing complex custom software solutions to support business requirements. Implement business logic from business requirements and design specifications.
- Develop key systems using a new open-source technology stack.
- Focus on quality code, automation, and good practices.
- Contribute to and be part of the Development Center of Excellence in driving up the quality and value of software development and delivery across the enterprise.
- Develop and test software solutions and review code quality. Automate build, test (unit, functional, and performance), and deployment of the code part of the CI/CD pipeline by working closely with Platform Engineer
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of development experience in applications/product development using MEAN/MERN Stack
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Lead Developer or Supervisor.
- Knowledge of Web platforms such as NODE, Angular, React, MEAN/MERN Stack
- Experience with
- Micro frontend Architecture, API Management (Apigee)
- REST API first design and Open API Specification, specifically using Swagger.
- Agile – TDD (JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma) BDD (Cucumber) Pair Programming, Scrum/Kanban
- DevOps – GitHub, Git Actions, Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, Selenium, Artifactory, Docker/Kubernetes, Datadog/Splunk, JMeter, Whitehat
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Cloud – Azure, Private Cloud
- OS – Linux, VM Architectures
- Have developed backend services using NestJS
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.