- Job Title
- Structural Engineer
- Job ID
- Fenton, MO
- Other Location
Fenton, Missouri@Orchard LLC is supporting a global leader in Natural Circulation Heat Recover Steam Generators (HRSG). The Structural Engineer will need to leverage their existing expertise and knowledge of steel design, steel working, cabling and rigging for large girders, etc., within a civil engineering environment. Prior experience within the field of heat recovery systems is preferred.
(Onsite position with travel to client locations)
As the Structural Engineer you will.
- Perform design functions specific to the structural engineering scope for Specialty Boilers to suit the needs of customer requirements.
- Complete all relevant design calculations for the development of final drawings for the fabrication and supply of structural components.
- Make design decisions based on good practices with an understanding of core structural/mechanical concepts.
- Resolve customer questions and supplier/fabricator requests for changes and scope modifications. Perform design calculations specific to structural scope.
- Review final drawings representing the designs generated.
- Perform development work associated with Design Guides & Layout Guidelines, and Engineering Policies focused on improvements.
- Work with contractors to review designs and provide detailed comments and questions.
- Work with customers and other departments for communication needs, clarification and justification of designs and follow-up information.
Your background will include.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of steel design and steelworking.
- Knowledge of boiler equipment and limitations is preferred.
- Prior experience working closely with external clients and stakeholders, including issue resolution and planning activities.
- Four-year college education, in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Prior experience in heat recovery systems (HRSG)
If you match the requirements for this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.