Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt or higher
- Job Title
- Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt or higher
- Job ID
- Huntsville, AL
- Other Location
Lean Six Sigma Specialist – Green Belt or Higher
@Orchard has an opportunity to support an electronic manufacturing company located in Huntsville, AL seeking an experienced Lean Six Sigma Practitioner with at least a Green Belt level of certification and at least 4 years of Lean Six Sigma experience within an electrical engineering and/or manufacturing environment. The primary focus of effort will relate to IE, ME, QE, Planning, and Six Sigma reporting. This is an onsite role situated in Huntsville, AL.
As the Lean Six Sigma specialist you will.
- Align the value stream with the site, regional and global strategy.
- Work closely with Corporate Lean Sigma Director to introduce and sustain Lean culture.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and support in Value Stream sessions, project identification, and prioritization.
- Provide leadership in Lean to increase product velocity and quality while reducing transformation costs.
- Engage with Value Stream owners to create a system for human development through Kaizen events, Blitzes, and Lean projects.
- Provide coaching and facilitate Bronze Certification projects and mentoring sessions.
- Encourage risk-taking and experimentation using Lean and scientific tools and methodologies.
- Maintain proficiency in the latest Lean tools and methodologies.
- Assist Finance with organizing data to track and report project savings accurately.
- Own the Lean metric reports and data integrity.
- Complete monthly site maintenance of the Lean Maturity Assessment.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor and comply with all company security policies and procedures.
- Train employees as requested, in Six Sigma tools and techniques including the Design of Experiments, Control Charts, Histograms, and Root Cause Analysis leading to White, Green, and Black Belt certification.
- A Green Belt (or better) certification in Lean Six Sigma
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in IE, ME, QE, Planning, Line Management, and reporting.
- Five years or more experience within an Electrical Engineering environment is required
- Demonstrated experience in change and project management.
- At least a 4-year degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated leadership in lean behavior, culture, Principles, and Philosophies.
- A strong background in statistics and analytical skills