Senior Associate, Financial Audit
- Job Title
- Senior Associate, Financial Audit
- Job ID
- Mclean, VA
- Other Location
- Tampa, FL, Jersey City, NJ
Financial Audit, Senior Associate – Financial Services
McLean, VA, Tampa, FL, Jersey City, NJ
@Orchard LLC is supporting a leader in safeguarding the financial markets and ensuring efficient operations, in times of prosperity and crisis. They are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions, and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. They can anticipate the industry’s needs and work to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure.
- As part of the Internal Audit Department, the Senior Associate is predominantly focused on the execution of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting and is given the opportunity to lead select meetings.
- The primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls and creating reliable documentation to support their work.
- The Senior Associate must manage several auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for their personal growth and professional development.
- Strategic Control Impact Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not properly designed or are not operating effectively. Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas. Validates the completion of agreed action plans under the guidance of a supervisor. Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks. Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed action plans.
- Audit Execution Assists a Senior Auditor or Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork, and reporting. Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, notifying the auditor in charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk. Writes and speaks clearly and concisely and can demonstrate detailed knowledge of the area being audited. Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues; possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Quality Process Demonstrates a strong knowledge of our policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards. Independently prepares work papers that fully comply with IAD policies and procedures. Participates in continuous improvement initiatives. Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Financial Services, such as FINTECH, Banking, and Insurance.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a Master's or equivalent experience.
- Previous internal or external audit experience is required.
- Prior experience as an Internal Auditor is strongly preferred.
- Preferred, but not required, are certifications such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
If you match the requirements for this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to succeed in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.