Senior Compliance Analysts - Defined Benefits Plan
- Job Title
- Senior Compliance Analysts - Defined Benefits Plan
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA
- Other Location
Senior Compliance Analyst – Compliance / Legal Position
@Orchard is working with a global leader in shipping and distribution as they seek to add a Senior Compliance Analyst to support the Compliance Manager responsible for the company’s Defined Benefit Pension plan.
About the role
The Senior Compliance Analyst provides support to the Compliance Manager and assists in the design, implementation, and oversight of the Compliance Program for the Defined Benefit Pension Plans (the “Plans”). The key responsibility is to ensure the Plans follow industry and regulatory standards (which may include but are not limited to Employee Retirement Income Security Act [ERISA], Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Security Exchange Commission [SEC] rules) as well as company policies and procedures. The Analyst interfaces with the Investments staff with respect to new and existing investment activity (e.g., performs legal and operational due diligence on new investments) and advises project managers on contract documentation needed to support investments. This Analyst coordinates with internal and external counsel, investment managers, and service providers to implement or modify legal agreements.
- Supervise the Compliance function related to the administration of the Plans
- Review and advise on contract documentation and class actions
- Assist in contract negotiations (e.g. IMA, LPA, vendor agreements, etc.)
- Ensure appropriate governance documents are executed
- Manage Plan’s regulatory compliance requirements under ERISA, DOL, FATCA, SEC, and Dodd-Frank to ensure compliance
- Oversee the structure and usage of “FactSet” and “Diligend” file management systems, including ensuring relevant legal and compliance records (amendments, disputes, discovery), and operational due diligence reports are maintained
- Complete Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation in relation to the Plans’ investments
- Confirm applicability and compliance with foreign filing and tax reclaim requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent – Business or Economics preferred -
- LLB/JD degree required
- 1-2 years related work experience (i.e., compliance / legal) in a Defined Benefit (DB) pension plan environment.
- It is also critical to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will work with all Investments team members as well as internal and external counsel, investment managers, and service providers
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.