Unix System Administrator
- Job Title
- Unix System Administrator
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC 28277
- Other Location
Unix System Administrator
@Orchard LLC has an opening for a Contract Unix System Administrator in Charlotte, NC to work for our federal systems integrator. The Initial duration of the contract is 6 months with a full-time employment opportunity after the initial contract duration based on the business needs and performance. Night Shift work hrs are 8pm - 8am (Sun-Tue or Sun-Wed)
Our Client is looking for a UNIX Systems Administrator in their Charlotte-NC location to monitor UNIX server alerts as well as the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux operating systems and server hardware. This position also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational policies and standards.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems with Linux server hardware, operating systems, and applications software.
- Solves end-user problems in an escalated support environment.
- Facilitates operating system enhancements to improve the reliability and performance of Linux
- Follows standard procedures for analyzing information and determining the course of action.
- Interacts with customers to gather data, provide information, or resolve lower-level technical issues.
- May interact with peers in other functional areas to exchange information or coordinate activities between functional areas.
- Accountable for maintaining the security and confidentiality of any proprietary, sensitive information.
- Available to work after hours and/or on weekends, and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of work experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Linux computer operations and familiarity with shell programming and scripting.
- Ability to work on routine projects or issues.
- Ability to use professional knowledge to analyze information and resolve problems.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions on work assignments.
- Knowledge of programming languages (i.e. bash, Perl, or Python)
- Familiarity with application software (i.e. Apache, Tomcat)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Operational knowledge of Oracle and MySQL.
- Hands-on experience with enterprise-class server hardware.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is plus but not mandatory.
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.