Database Engineer - Aurora PostgreSQL Database Required
- Job Title
- Database Engineer - Aurora PostgreSQL Database Required
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Dallas, TX
- Other Location
- Tampa, FL, Boston, MA, McLean, VA
Database Engineer – Aurora PostgreSQL Required
Dallas, Texas, Tampa, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, McLean, Virginia.
(Hybrid 2-3 days in the office each week)
@Orchard has an urgent need for an experienced Database Engineer with current experience supporting PostgreSQL Database environments to join our client, a leader in the Financial Services area. Our client safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. Our client is uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions, and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide.
As the Database Engineer you will.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the environments are performing optimally and align with best practices for security and resiliency.
- Join the Data Engineering team that designs and builds secure, resilient, recoverable, and reusable frameworks to support the entire database life cycle. The team focuses on continuous service improvements to increase the quality of service and speed of delivery.
- Fulfill the role of an Aurora PostgreSQL Database and Automation engineer and be responsible for supporting all aspects of the design, build, and support of the cloud database environments through automation.
- Support and manage the Aurora PostgreSQL database environments
- Automate the build and support tasks across database technologies (i.e. Oracle, MS SQL, and PostgreSQL)
- Adhere to best practices on Incident, Problem, and Change management
- Lead projects independently with minimal guidance
- Responsible for managing and supporting Aurora PostgreSQL database platforms working closely with AWS, application support teams, and infrastructure teams
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain database instances on AWS
- Recommend and implement database security policies, database backup, recovery, and redundancy strategies.
- Implement automated procedures to proactively handle issues and alerts
- Perform database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing, and ongoing maintenance
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk and escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience, with a minimum of 5 years of related PostgreSQL experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud technologies; AWS certification would be a plus
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale Aurora database environments
- Strong performance Tuning and Optimization skills including re-writing SQLs for optimal performance.
- Extensive experience with Automation using Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- Strong knowledge of operating systems (Unix / Linux / Windows)
- Hands-on experience with Shell and Python scripting to automate tasks enabling self-healing capabilities
- Strong experience with partitioning and handling large databases
- Understands interlaying technologies like OS, Networking, and Applications, and their impact to databases
- Manage tasks and projects independently with minimum guidance and directions and to independently research, design, document, and implement new database-related services.
- Solid experience in backup and recovery processes.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.