Senior Structural Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Structural Engineer
- Job ID
- Aiken, SC 29801
- Other Location
Senior Structural Engineer
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening to support a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify an experienced Structural Engineer on a contract in Aiken, SC. This is a contract-to-hire position with an initial contract duration being a minimum of 4 months.
This an exceptional opportunity to be part of a team to make a difference in supporting the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). The organization welcomes insights and ideas that will help the program and the overall group. They are delivering agile and innovative customer-driven solutions to NNSA at the Savannah River Site, Aiken, SC.
Our client has been NNSA’s trusted advisor for more than 10 years on some of the country’s most complex and critical design and construction projects. You will be part of a diverse and engaged team continuing the services for NNSA at the Savannah River Site, near Aiken, SC, to support an $11-billion project portfolio of infrastructure upgrades, including the design, fabrication, construction, and commissioning of the Savannah River Plutonium Processing Facility.
Our client supports NNSA Federal Project Directors with technical advice, innovative or alternate approaches, and oversight of contractor and supplier quality performance in the areas of design, procurement, construction, commissioning, monitoring, and reporting.
Experience and Skillset Required:
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.
- Civil/Structural Engineer with a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Minimum 15 years of experience with structural engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience on DOE/NNSA projects.
- Familiar with DOE and Savannah River Site engineering standards.
- Knowledgeable with the International Building Code, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Code-349, as well as American Society of Civil Engineers/Structural Engineering Institute (ASCE/SEI) 7 and 43.
- Understanding of both ACS SASSI and ANSYS software.
- Experienced in reviewing and commenting on structural and utility design drawings, calculations, and specifications.
- Perform constructability reviews.