- Job Title
- Purchasing Director
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment is seeking an experienced Purchasing Director for a manufacturing facility in Green Cove Springs. This position will performs strategic procurement activities across multiples categories of spend. Supervises the process of sourcing and purchasing essential materials for production operations. The Purchasing Manager researches materials suppliers, compares costs and works closely with production operations to ensure alignment of material procurement and receipt; investigates alternatives to streamline inventory levels and implements effective solutions.
This is a drug-free workplace. All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and be willing to submit to a national background check
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Planning and overseeing the work of the Purchasing Department
- Performs cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Develops procurement rules and regulations
- Buys goods and services for the company
- Discusses/negotiates contracts including optimal terms with vendors
- Evaluates quality, price, reliability, technical support and availability of goods and services.
- Coordinate with production to maintain appropriate inventories considering pricing and deliverability.
- Maintain price quotes RFP (Request for proposal)
- Maintain and establish multi-source vendors
- Maintain inventory, including pricing spreadsheets and coordinate with administrative personnel
- Lead projects for business area contributions to strategic initiatives
- Required Skills
Bachelor's Degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
Ten (10) plus years of proven work experience in Purchasing, Warehouse Management and Inventory/Materials Management required.
Experience in industrial manufacturing preferred
Five (5) years of supervisory experience required
Proven experience in vendor management
Detail oriented, high stress tolerance-thrives in a high-pressure environment
Strong negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills
Exceptional communications and relationship management skills
Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment and working with ERP/MRP systems.
Understanding of scheduling practices in a production environment
Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word and Power Point.