Software Development Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Development Engineer
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55421
- Other Location
Software Development Engineer
Minneapolis, MN (Hybrid)@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for an energetic Software Development Engineer to support our federal systems integrator in Minneapolis, MN. This will be a hybrid position requiring 50% of the week spent onsite at their Minneapolis facility. The period of performance is 12 Months with a potential extension beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after the initial contract duration.
- Performs basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies basic engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Performs basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of limited complexity.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility for self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Entry-level knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to solve basic technical design and development problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of software development experience (relevant to embedded systems/C++ is preferred)
- Must have experience working with Linux machines and operating systems
- Strong understanding of Software Design, Development, and Testing Principles
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- UML modeling, experience with UML modeling tool
- Object Oriented design and development experience. Programming experience in C++/Bash Script/Python
- Familiarity with military and commercial design standards
- Experience using JIRA, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence configuration management, and problem-reporting tools
- Development of supporting documents such as software requirements for test systems, user manuals, tools documentation, and software validation documentation
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!