Project Planning Specialist
- Job Title
- Project Planning Specialist
- Job ID
- Minneapolis, MN 55421
- Other Location
Project Planning Specialist
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Planning Specialist to support our client’s multiple Engineering Program teams in Minneapolis, MN. The period of performance is 6 Months with a potential extension beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after 6 months on the contract.
As a Project Planning Specialist, you will support the program engineering manager and various integrated product team leads on a daily basis, responsible for supporting them with the management of cost, schedule, and performance of the work directives.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining Project Planning Workbooks Support of Control Account Manager (CAM) duties for the WDs Risk management activities
- Maintaining program schedules/development of project plans
- Developing or reviewing estimates
- Monitoring work and expenditures to ensure schedule and budget are maintained
- Support of program management reviews and Lifecycle Management activities
- Preparation of status reports and other program documentation
- Development and analysis of program metrics
- Coordinate, proof, manage and assemble program deliverables for the customer as well as internal status reports and tracking documentation
- May also spend up to 15% of their time supporting leads with overarching program duties
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Associate's Degree preferably in Business, Project Management, Engineering, or a related field of study and 6 years of experience.
- Basic project management/project controls experience such as scheduling, risk and/or planning
- Some experience with program financial reporting and analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to develop approaches to solutions
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- Proficiency in PM Compass for monitoring earned value
- MS Project, Access, and Visio Excel Pivot Tables
- Able to manipulate reports generated in PowerBI
- Technical knowledge of combat vehicles
- Experience working with engineers
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.