VP – IT/Procurement Contracts. 324
- Job Title
- VP – IT/Procurement Contracts. 324
A global financial services corporation seeks an experienced VP - IT/Procurement Contracts to join their team in New York. There is a hybrid work schedule that will be determined by the manager. Base salary is $200K-$210K with a bonus of $40K-$50K.
The VP - IT/Procurement Contracts will work within the Legal Department on the Technology, Procurement, Operations and Data Team. Primary responsibilities will involve providing strategic legal advise and negotiation and documentation of third-party vender contracts, working with the vendor risk assessment process and team, as well as the various business units, including but not limited to, Information Technology team, Human Resources, and Corporate Services. Additional duties are as follows:
- Providing contracts review, negotiation and documentation.
- Serving as a strategic legal advisor to the various business units on issues surrounding technology, intellectual property, data and related matters. Review, negotiate, and document various technology agreements, procurement and vendor contracts, which may include: supplier agreements for IT services, software, hardware, and systems, facilities, and professional services; non-disclosure agreements; and various other vendor agreements to support the business.
- Issue-spotting, researching and appropriately escalating risks and concerns that may exist with any potential technology agreement or vendor contract, for example, intellectual property, data privacy, and information security and cybersecurity concerns.
- Provide strategic, commercially pragmatic, and transparent advice to the business clients. Work with the transactional attorneys on IT/IP issues, and assist the Bank’s operations on contractual issues and template documents (online banking, account opening, electronic signatures, etc.)
- Review, update, and maintain the procurement and vendor agreement templates in line with market practice and The Company's legal and business needs.
- Liaise with the procurement and vendor risk assessment team with respect to vendor contracts.
- Collaborate with other functional partners to ensure appropriate awareness and escalation of issues as they arise while being sensitive to confidentiality restrictions.
- Review of internal policies and procedures as needed to improve the vendor contracts process.
- Creating contract abstracts, summarizing key points/dates as needed.
- 6-8+ years experience reviewing and drafting technology and vendor contracts, or working with procurement or IT services legal documentation. Prior in-house experience and/or experience with technology vendor contracts a significant plus.
- Admission to the NY Bar (or clear qualification of eligibility for waiving in from another jurisdiction with which NY has reciprocity) and a member of good standing of such Bar.
- Familiarity and expertise with IT and IP-related legal documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, technical drafting skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, operate comfortably in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and manage a significant workload with minimal supervision. Ability to think creatively and propose solutions.
- Ability to work with people from regions around the world.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.