Real Estate Specialist (Temporary/Houston, Chandler or Charlotte).816-2381
- Job Title
- Real Estate Specialist (Temporary/Houston, Chandler or Charlotte).816-2381
National telecommunications company seeks a Real Estate Specialist for a long-term, temporary position expected to last at least twelve months, possibly longer. The position will be in one of the following locations, Houston, TX; Chandler, AZ or Charlotte, NC on a hybrid basis, three days on site; two days remote. The hourly rate is $30-$35 depending upon experience.
The Real Estate Specialist will be responsible for successfully executing real estate transactions in compliance with applicable risk standards and financial underwriting parameters, and in accordance with customer expectations for cost, quality, and cycle time. Additional functions include the following:
- Track and manage progress on all assigned transactions and tasks.
- Supervise various outside vendor partners, including, but not limited to, attorneys, surveyors, environmental engineers, title search firms, etc. to ensure that transactions close within commercially reasonable timeframes.
- Review title and work to clear title objections. Identify potential risk scenarios and secure appropriate approval
- Negotiate and review various real estate contracts/agreements, conveyance documents, easements, deeds, etc.
- Prepare closing packages. Review and approve settlement statements prior to funding to ensure all financial controls have been met.
- Develop due diligence strategy, Review the quality and completeness of due diligence deliverables, escalate risk approval as needed
- Approve payment of invoices related to the transactions assigned.
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or JD/paralegal designation preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-site commercial closing experience
- Knowledge of the wireless infrastructure industry preferred
- Ability to read and understand a land survey and legal descriptions
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to learn alternative software systems
- Ability to create support materials (i.e., spreadsheets, reports, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly via phone
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and deliver novel solutions
- Strong customer service skills for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual