Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) III – Energy Resiliency and Sustainability - Fort Meade, MD
- Job Title
- Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) III – Energy Resiliency and Sustainability - Fort Meade, MD
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Other Location
Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) III
Fort Meade, MD
Are you an Energy Specialist looking for an opportunity to make a real impact by ensuring sustainability through green and smart buildings?
Would driving improvements for our nation’s military bases to become more energy efficient motivate you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
@Orchard LLC has been engaged by a government contractor client in their search to hire a Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) to support their Army customer at Fort Meade, MD. Our client specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services.
The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, motivated, and talented with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works! Backgrounds could include energy manager, energy engineer, energy analyst, facilities manager, sustainability engineer, military engineers, Corps of Engineers, and similar with experience building and deploying technology and systems for energy efficiency improvement.
The role of the REM III will include the following responsibilities:
- Work towards accomplishing Fort Meade's energy goals by helping to establish and support all efficiency and resilience initiatives, including analyzing utility data; conducting audits
- Helping to update Installation Energy & Water Plans (IEWP), annual energy reports and other taskers as needed
- Identifying and implementing energy projects
- Providing guidance on energy project funding mechanisms such as Energy Resilience and Conservation Investment Program (ERCIP), Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESC), Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC), and other sources
- Providing guidance on measurement and verification protocols.
- REM support services to provide knowledge about Executive Orders and other energy policies.
- Assisting with awareness and behavioral change efforts to optimize the use of utility resources, including but not limited to natural gas, electricity, coal, water and wastewater.
Your background should include the following:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5 years of experience (OR) degree in related field and 10 years of energy experience, or equivalent combination.
- Proven performance in military engineering and/or energy management
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification is required, but can be obtained within the first year of employment
- Experience with energy auditing, project development, life-cycle cost analysis, and building/facility operations
- Understanding of project programming, funding, and implementation at Department of Defense installations strongly preferred
- Must have expert system experience in Excel, Power Point, Word, Adobe, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organization and project management skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills coupled with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, driven and able to work with limited direction under target timelines
- Collaborative personality enjoys and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced and sometimes unstructured environment
- Ability to analyze data, make decisions and solve problems daily is required
Additional Preferred Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials:
- Documented ability to achieve substantial energy and maintenance savings in facility management
- Demonstrated ability to develop an energy and maintenance baseline
- Professional Engineering (PE), LEED Accredited Professional (AP), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) desirable
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must be able to walk through areas with industrial equipment and processes.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a periodic basis, bend, stand, climb, and walk.
- Must be able to work safely in moderate noisy environment.
- REM will attend initial REM training and an annual REM workshop in Huntsville, AL and will attend one energy conference per year, typically Energy Exchange
- Must have a valid State-issued driver’s license; candidate may be required to operate personal vehicle and must have Auto insurance coverage of at least $100K liability
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.