Junior IT Project Manager
- Job Title
- Junior IT Project Manager
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23518
- Other Location
Junior IT Project Manager
US Citizenship Required
@Orchard LLC is a sub-contractor on a recently awarded engagement within the US Navy (NAVSUP) and we have been asked to supply a Junior IT Project Manager to join the team in Norfolk, VA. The selected individual must be able to work on-site at the Little Creek Navy Base in Norfolk, VA.
The potential candidate should have experience managing requirements gathering and user story efforts as well as experience creating and managing to a project schedule. The candidate will play a critical role in leading efforts to develop and implement an enterprise system for the Navy to track supply chain management and logistics information. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to challenging and changing situations quickly while being able to facilitate the completion of multiple tasks and assignments.
As the Junior IT Project Manager, your work will include;
- Provide project/task supervision and management for business/requirements analysis, use story development, and testing efforts in support of the Navy’s Naval Operational Supply System (NOSS) enterprise IT system.
- Develop and manage an integrated master schedule tracking aspects of the project’s delivery to include development, testing, training, and other related tasks.
- Monitor project tasks to ensure objectives are met with top quality and levels of performance.
- Aid in the management of Agile efforts and scheduled development sprints.
- Initiation and facilitation of meetings to support user story development.
- Aid in reviewing/approving user stories, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Maintain a prioritized list of planned User Stories and delivery dates.
- Collaborate with colleagues to produce valid and accurate written technical content for various products (e.g., briefings, narratives, and justifications).
- Prepare technical reports by researching, collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensure products and services are completed in a timely fashion and consistent with client standards
Your background will include;
Additional experience that is desirable includes;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of project management experience leading teams conducting requirements gathering, business analysis, or Agile/Scrum development efforts
- Experience with MS-Project creating and managing schedules
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development efforts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead analysis and development discussions
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be a US citizen
If you feel this opportunity is right for you, please apply so that we can begin the conversation.
- Experience with afloat operations/systems
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience using Microsoft Teams
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.