Waste Management Engineer
- Job Title
- Waste Management Engineer
- Job ID
- Richmond, KY 40475
- Other Location
Waste Management Engineer
Richmond, KY 40475
Do you want to be a part of history and help make the world a little bit safer? Join us at BGCAPP (Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant) where we will design, build, systemize, test, operate and close the plant whose mission is the safe and environmentally sound destruction of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) in Richmond, KY. The 15,000-acre depot stores mustard and nerve agents in rockets and projectiles. Our design concept for the pilot plant maximizes the use of existing technology from other successful chemical demilitarization facilities as well as First of Kind (FOAK) technology.
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Waste Management Engineer in Richmond, KY to support their Waste Management Manager. Owing to the nature of the work, we can only accept applicants who can obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
This position will safely, compliantly, and efficiently manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste generated during the systemization, operations, and closure phases of the Blue Grass Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (BGCAPP). Cradle-to-grave management of wastes includes characterization, collection/accumulation, containerization, storage, packing, labeling, and shipping of BGCAPP generated waste to the appropriate treatment/disposal facility. The position is also responsible for hazardous materials tracking to provide reporting data for EPCRA.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, science, or a related field
- • At least five (5) years of experience in environmental waste management programs regarding hazardous waste management, solid waste management, and auditing of environmental programs, preferably in a treatment, storage and disposal facility (TSDF) or demilitarization facility, chemical plant, nuclear or fossil power generating station, naval or maritime station, or other heavy industry.
- Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
- Demonstrated knowledge of RCRA. Knowledge of Kentucky hazardous waste regulations (KAR/KRS) preferred.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) placard, packaging, and waste transportation regulations (e.g. 49 CFR) preferred.
- HAZ MAT certification and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Principles, practices, and techniques of environmental protection
- Hazardous waste and/or material handling, storage, labeling, and disposal requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
- Water pollution prevention concepts of various federal, State, and local agencies
- Air pollution prevention requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
- Oil and hazardous substance contingency planning concepts and oil pollution prevention requirements of various federal, State, and local agencies
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.