Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Charlotte, NC 48312
- Other Location
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst-Cognos
Remote Anywhere on the East Coast
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an immediate opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst. This is a remote job for applicants located on the East Coast (Mid-West applicants are accepted as well) and is a contract to Hire position with an initial contract duration being 6 months.
Position Description:The successful candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for Enterprise Business Intelligence. This position requires that the candidate understands, uses, and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity. The candidate will be responsible for a complete setup and management of the Cognos environment-reports/dashboards development, administration/configuration, customization, security, etc. The candidate will regularly interact with the customers to perform requirements analysis, document, and confirm the requirements with the customers, and develop and deliver solutions as per the requirements. The candidate will also contribute to the development and delivery of user training and documentation. The candidate will follow established procedures and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up to date with the technology shifts through training and development.
Experience and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar
- 5-10+ years of experience working in the information technology industry
- 5+ years of experience developing reports and dashboards using IBM Cognos 10.2 or higher (experience with other BI tools – Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects, etc. a plus)
- 5+ years of experience managing clustered Cognos environments – Server administration (install, upgrade, troubleshoot Cognos environments), performing health checks, content administration (reports/package promotion, user security).
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint, Deltek Time Collection, and Deltek GovWin a plus
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing – Dimensional (Kimball methodology) as well as Relational (Inmon methodology)
- Intermediate to advanced SQL and PL/SQL experience (Oracle) – development as well as query tuning
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with MS Visio or similar diagramming/vector programming tools – be able to develop and maintain architecture diagrams of the BI environments
- Virtual team collaboration tools such as Zoom, etc.
- Strong requirements analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience developing user documentation and training material
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.