- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Sterling Heights, MI 48312
- Other Location
Sterling Heights, MI
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has multiple openings to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Contract Software Engineer in Sterling Heights, MI. This is a contract position and the contract will go through the end of May 2024 with potential extensions based on the business needs and performance.
Creates, plans, and performs a variety of software analysis, design, development, code, documentation, integration, test, and product assurance tasks. Contributes to the development of engineering design models and develops programs to enhance, implement and support project/system functionality for the assigned technical effort. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project.
- Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies basic engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Performs basic technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results using specialized equipment and/or by computer programs.
- Analyzes and interprets design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and product requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of limited complexity.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility for self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Entry-level knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines
- Ability to solve basic technical design and development problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 2-3 yrs of relevant experience
- Must have Linux Experience
- Must be experienced in Software Design, Development, and Testing Principles
- Working knowledge of the Software Life Cycle
- System-Level Perspective
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.