Lead Data Analytics & BI Developer
- Job Title
- Lead Data Analytics & BI Developer
- Job ID
- Norfolk, VA 23551
- Other Location
Lead Data Analytics & BI Developer
Onsite - Norfolk, VA
Must have, or be able to obtain a Secret clearance
Must be a US Citizen
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a growing Federal contractor with a great culture to identify an experienced Lead Data Analytics & BI Developer to support their client in Norfolk, VA. The Lead Data Analytics & BI Developer will be responsible for using Microsoft technologies to develop new capabilities for decision support, expanding the functionality of existing solutions to meet the needs of new requirements, and identifying data sources to integrate using modern and legacy systems.
As the Data Analytics & BI Developer you will;
- Convert all data sources to interface/link with Microsoft Access and/or Excel
- Transform data using Power BI into meaningful insights through interactive dashboards and reports
- Integrate all data sources into one or multiple tables in a customized analytical format using MS Access
- Link MS Access data sources to MS Excel Pivot Tables for multiple users
- Create advanced charts in Excel
- Develop VBA code in MS Office to automate data collection and integration processes
- Lead specialized analysis and development efforts for analysts and leaders
- Conduct research to investigate client problems and work collaboratively with your team to formulate and recommend solutions
- Support clients in collecting and analyzing data, producing models and visualizations, and draw conclusions from the data to improve decision-making
- Produce a variety of communications from informal email interactions with clients to formal memos, presentations, executive briefings, and others
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the manager
Your background will likely include the following;
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience in data analysis and integration of Business Intelligence (BI) technologies. In lieu of a degree, an additional 4 years of related experience or relevant professional certification may be substituted.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance (active DOD clearance a plus)
- Expert in Microsoft Power BI, Excel, and Access
- Knowledgeable of how to link data between multiple sources including but not limited to: Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Outlook
- Basic understanding of Visual Basic for Applications
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications – MS Word, PowerPoint, & SharePoint
- Minimum 2 years of experience with DOD environment and Financial Management and Accounting processes and procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal communication with analysts and senior leaders (Colonels, Generals, and Executives)
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large organization, managing diverse tasks, requirements, and commitments
- Available to work under tight deadlines and work during evenings and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrate active listening skills to gain understanding of key customer issues
- Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mind-set
- Ability to view problems from multiple angles and apply a variety of solutions to solving them
If you feel you are qualified for this opportunity and would like to learn more, please apply.
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
Please contact us at recruiting@atOrchard.com for more information or learn about our other exciting opportunities on the Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.