Multi-State FMLA Specialist
- Job Title
- Multi-State FMLA Specialist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Long Term Contract
- Work Remote
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a National Sales and Marketing organization in their search for a Muti-State FMLA Specialist
This national, multi state, company is transitioning to Oracle in mid 2023. Due to this they need an expert in multi-state leave laws. This role will work with the Oracle developers to develop the business requirements. This is especially tricky given this company's mostly PT working population. In this role, you must be tech savvy and able to speak to the business requirements. The overarching mission of this role is to ensure that the new Oracle system is set up correctly.
The Leave of Absence Specialist will deliver an excellent customer experience while overseeing and administering leave requests requiring specialized attention, particularly those arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), state and local leave laws, short-term or long-term disability plans and various company policies.
- Analyze current state FMLA requirements in current operating system
- Work with Oracle developers to create and develop future state requirements for new Oracle system
- Act as a liaison between Oracle team and company Senior Management
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward employees seeking information regarding leaves that may be available to them.
- Assist employees in problem solving by identifying whether leave is appropriate and, if so, the leave most appropriate to their individual situations.
- Manage team inboxes to ensure timely response to HRs, employees, and vendor partners
- Respond to inquiries with timely, accurate and complete information about leaves that may be available to employees under Federal, state or local law, insurance plans or company policies.
- Handle the leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
- Manage weekly leave payroll calculations to ensure that employees are paid appropriately given the nature of their leave and assisting employees on leave with performing the tasks necessary to maintain coverage under employee benefit plans across salaried and hourly employees.
- Proactively communicate timelines and documentation requests with employees and local HR. Ensure that employees are aware of their leave-related responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
- Effectively interact with leave management vendor(s) to ensure that the administration of leaves, leave tracking and certification or recertification requests are completed timely and properly.
- Advise managers, local HR, and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Facilitate the return-to-work process for employees returning from leaves.
- Manage vendor invoices.
- Draft and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Preserve confidentiality of employee communications, medical documentation and files.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Assist occasionally with worker's compensation claims
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA and other applicable laws.
Three to five years of experience in administering leaves in a high-volume, multi-location corporation.
Ability to effectively collaborate with employees, employee managers and human resources partners while providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Pay Range
- $80,000.00 None to $0.00 None