Project Accountant I - Jacksonville
- Job Title
- Project Accountant I - Jacksonville
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruiters has partnered with a local top-rated construction company in their search for a Project Accountant I.
Pay: $23 - $25 / Hour
Hours: 8am - 5pm OR 7:30am - 4:30pm
Position is In Office, no remote possibilities for this role at this time.
Must be able to pass a standard background check.
Drug Free Work Zone
Report Directly to the Executive Assistant to the General Manager
The individuals in this non-exempt level position normally have less than three (3) years experience in project accounting. Duties are primarily concerned with routine accounting and payroll activities. May provide direction or have some supervisory responsibility, but most of the time performs the work alone. After initial training will be qualified to handle projects of up to $5 million. Eventually will be qualified to handle a project(s) of up to $30 million.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, employees). Maintain relationship to ensure needs are met and problems/conflicts are resolved.
- Process invoices for routing, coding, approval and payment in accounting software.
- Track and record field office (if applicable) preparation, including posting of statutory notices, preparation and file notice of commencements, provision of first aid kits, injury re-post forms / instructions and OSHA logs, ordering water supply, and advising appropriate parties of location of new field office.
- Together, with project team, set up and maintain job logs, job files, including job coding, filing, scanning
- Process employment applications and assists in other employment activities
- Assist project team in submitting time for payroll purposes
- Prepare, process, and file all assigned job-related correspondence and invoices.
- Process waivers, contract forms, change orders, notices to subcontractors, changed conditions, construction schedules, and purchase orders as assigned
- Performs various administrative tasks for the jobsite / office, including: handling incoming / outgoing mail and overnight mail, establishing new supplier accounts, oversee maintenance of office equipment, purchasing supplies, preparing meeting minutes, answering telephones, filing, etc.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and company functions that arise from time to time, including those scheduled before or after normal work hours (early AM, evenings, weekends)
- Provides information to appropriate individuals regarding project status and communicates between the field and corporate office
- Establishes original estimate and contract items in the accounting cost system
- Ensure job cost reports and accounts receivable reports are accurate at all times.
- Ensure all information in the project cost system and underlying supporting records are properly classified in a manner that best facilitates the use of the information
- Understand the nature of the project cost systems and information processed. Bring issues to the attention of accounting management and the Project Manager for assistance and further evaluation
- Enter all financial paperwork into the accounting system to ensure timely and accurate job cost information in accordance with company policy and audit requirements. This includes owner change orders (interface), owner billings (interface), budget transfers, job cost transfers, and subcontractor pay requirements.
- Collaborates with key people to process monthly billings to owners and runs projected final cost report. (Subcontractor Management)
- Processes subcontractor monthly pay applications via company online system and ensure all supporting attachments are correct. Follows up with subcontractors to obtain any missing documents so subcontractors are paid on time.
- Maintains subcontractor / vendor purchasing register. Verify all subcontractors have current insurance certificates, lien wavers, notices, etc. by checking the accounting non-compliance report and the fully executed contract prior to the subcontractor starting work.
- Always present yourself in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervising PM / Superintendent
- Communicates and reinforces the company vision, mission, and values
- Must be willing to travel if required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to manage time appropriately and maintain a high level of organization
- Ability to investigate and follow up with a high attention to detail
- Ability to provide strong level of customer service with a high energy level
- May be required to use a personal computer and be familiar with Windows applications such as Word, Excel, Scheduling, and Job Costing Software.
- Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must be knowledgeable about and follow the company's safety policies and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate Degree focused in Accounting, Finance, or other relater fields
- AND / OR at least 3 years related experience
- Required Skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate Degree focused in Accounting, Finance, or other relater fields
AND / OR at least 3 years related experience