- Job Title
- Communications Coordinator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Position Title: Communications Coordinator Reports to: Mission and Ministry Coordinator Hours per week: 25-30 hours per week Form of Employment: Employee Travel: None Effective Date: ASAP
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Communication Coordinator will manage the form, consistency and content of general communications between Presbytery Leaders/Staff and the churches and pastors in the Presbytery by telephone email, website and social media. The Coordinator shall disseminate essential and routine information, as well as crisis or emergency communication.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES (The conceptual framework for the job):
- Recommend and execute the communications strategy that is consistent with the Presbytery's mission, vision and strategy.
- Recommend and execute the communications policies and procedures for all broad (mass) routine and special communications by letter, email, website, or social media.
- Assist Presbytery Leaders/Staff (Moderator, committee and team chairs, etc.) in communicating or promote their programs.
- Assure a professional standard of editorial review, design and production quality for Presbytery communications
- Oversee the distribution of standard communication materials developed by the Presbytery.
DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES (The day-to-day focus for the job):
- Planning & Guidance: Become familiar with strategy, policies and procedures of the Presbytery and use them to develop, promote, explain and monitor a communications strategy, policies and procedures for the Presbytery.
- Production Tasks:
- Produce the newsletter via Constant Contact.
- Maintain the website by updating content including the calendar for events, links to other communications (e.g., the newsletter) and announcements that are communicated in other ways.
- Support a stream of activity on social media.. Interact with post comments, and site visitors. Share appropriate posts from churches, ministers, PCUSA sources, etc.
- Facilitate technology-enabled meetings (conference calls, Zoom, webinars, video conferences, etc.).
- Design (or redesign) standard templates, forms and brochures provided by the Presbytery.
- Oversee and maintain the Presbytery’s In-C database, including generate rosters, lists, queries, etc. Assist presbytery community with navigating public access to online directory (via website).
- Help promote Presbytery gatherings/events (promotion, not event planning).
- Professional Help: Evaluate, propose and (when approved) oversee the performance of contracts for specialist support in select communications disciplines (e.g., graphic design, web design, etc.).
- Design: Coordinate the development of graphics and design elements as required (in-house or by contract). Design, write and/or edit print materials used by staff to support strategic vision; examples could include posters, banners, newsletters, press releases, website content, logos, postcards, calendars, mailers, T-shirt designs.
- External Promotion: Develop strategy and tactics to work with the local media to promote the image of the Presbytery in the local community.
- Be Part of the Office Team: Answer telephone calls, respond to routine inquiries and refer callers to others as appropriate, greet visitors, receive packages, and other requirements shared among all those working in the office.
- Help redefine the above duties to make them more effective.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Communicate Frequently: At least weekly and more often if required.
- Provide Direction: Help the Communications Coordinator understand his/her duties and the specific way they should be carried out.
- Review Plans: Provide feedback, suggestions and tracking on monthly activity plans.
- Re-define Duties and Responsibilities: Actively restructure Responsibilities and Duties based on conversations with Supervisor and Personnel Committee.
SUBORDINATE RESPONSIBILITIES: Not Applicable
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS - Candidates must be/have:
- Personal Competencies: Include creativity, innovation, interpersonal skills (team play and persuasion), initiative, time management, attentive to details, oral presentation skills, and writing proficiency.
- Managerial Competencies: Project management, priority setting and volunteer cultivation and supervision.
- Position Specific Skills:
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor while managing multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Experience working with social media programs to communicate with internal and external constituents.
- Required Skills
- Microsoft Office 365 especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel (to generate charts/graphs), One Drive, Teams (hopefully)
- Adobe Creative Suite (proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat)
- Constant Contact
- WordPress website platform (including form management)
- Cloud based storage management
- Video editing (with Adobe Premiere or other video software)
- Pay Range
- $18.00 Hourly to $20.00 Hourly