Construction Field Project Manager
- Job Title
- Construction Field Project Manager
- Job ID
- Ridgecrest, CA 93555
- Other Location
Construction Field Project Manager
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Construction Field Project Manager to support their federal work in Ridgecrest, CA. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with an FTE opportunity for the right fit. Owing to the nature of the work, we are only able to accept applicants who are able to obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
China Lake Earthquake Recovery (CLRP) program will provide construction management support services to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWSCL) in Ridgecrest, California.
- Assess construction project schedules and activities to ensure conformance with established plans, specifications, and timelines.
- Perform analysis of IMS activities and support project management coordination and tracking of track government-led activities.
- Identify schedule conflicts between construction activities and government-led planned activities, including equipment integration, air permitting, explosive safety permitting, crane procurement and installation, IT procurement and installation, and real property turnover.
- Perform “what-if” analysis for potential time impacts, and identify and recommend strategies to avoid or mitigate construction and integration scheduling conflicts.
- Provide insight for developing project plans and scopes of work, performing cost estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of construction performance metrics.
- Perform research for clients on products, techniques, and emerging technologies to minimize cost, decrease facility downtime, and improve quality.
- Provide assistance and technical guidance to engineers/architects exercising construction oversight and design management for the construction programs.
- Manage multiple priorities and, when requested, independently develop and provide technical recommendations/ solutions to resolve scheduling issues and time impacts on both construction activities and government-led activities.
- Routinely communicate and coordinate with other technical and non-technical OICC China Lake personnel and provide schedule-related support where needed.
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Certification as a PMP with the Project Management Institute is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of construction scheduling experience utilizing Primavera P6 and its earlier versions.
- Extensive knowledge of scheduling terms and processes
- 5+ year of project management experience working on NAVFAC or USACE construction projects is highly desirable.
- Tactful and professional communication both orally and in writing to all levels of authority and stakeholders.
- Developed soft skills that allow one to work effectively with other government professionals, client representatives, contractor management and labor personnel, and others of varying backgrounds and experiences.