Commissioning HVAC Specialist
- Job Title
- Commissioning HVAC Specialist
- Job ID
- Ridgecrest, CA 93555
- Other Location
Commissioning HVAC Specialist
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Commissioning HVAC Specialist to support their federal work in Ridgecrest, CA. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with an FTE opportunity for the right fit. Owing to the nature of the work, we are only able to accept applicants who are able to obtain minimum federal clearance to work.
China Lake Earthquake Recovery (CLRP) program will provide construction management support services to the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake (NAWSCL) in Ridgecrest, California.
- Participates in pre-construction conferences on selected projects with highly sophisticated technical requirements or critical completion dates.
- Monitors and provides detailed surveillance of construction contract submittals and routinely provides on-site inspection of mechanical equipment and systems.
- Serve in the field of HVAC system delivery, particularly during the construction phase of the acquisition process.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews of drawings, specifications, calculations, and cost estimates as related to mechanical equipment acceptance testing and HVAC testing TABS inspection.
- Review submittals for completeness, functionality, sound engineering practice, and compliance with DoD and NAVFAC criteria, and other applicable codes and standards.
- Make site investigation field trips to project sites, as required, to collect all pertinent data as it related to assigned duties.
- Monitors the status of construction projects for quality and timeliness of construction on contracts that involve technically complex mechanical system aspects. Will handle complex mechanical, HVAC, and piping projects, requiring oversight, coordination, guidance, engineering design, and construction services.
- As the Subject Matter Expert and technical specialist in the area of mechanical equipment/systems acceptance testing, perform technical administration of acceptance and commissioning programs, including coordination efforts with other engineers and architects involved in multidiscipline projects.
- Identify areas or risks associated with design and construction and develop mitigation strategies or alternatives
- Responsible for tracking the progress of assigned projects to ensure timely support is provided to the field offices and that the submittals are reviewed within allotted schedules.
- Thoroughly evaluate all mechanical systems to confirm installation complies with the design intent and provides the desired levels of system performance.
- Provides direction for the Testing, Adjusting, Balancing, and Startup (TABS) Program and the associated Performance Verification Testing /Functional Performance Testing (PVT / FPT) as part of the final acceptance process
- Regularly prepares correspondence and reports. Prepares written and oral presentations regarding mechanical acceptance and testing-related topics including review and approval of contractor's submittals to determine that they conform to the requirements of the contract drawings and specifications. Reviews and approves shop drawings, samples of materials and components, catalog information, certificates of compliance, Value Engineering Change Proposals (VECPs)
- Provides technical responses to mechanical equipment acceptance testing and HVAC testing/TABS Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Ensures that requests for deviations or changes to any terms and conditions of the contract are coordinated and approved, as appropriate.
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and typically 15+ years of related field engineering experience, a broad general engineering background, and previous supervisory experience in a project engineering role are required. Professional registration may also be required.
- Certification as a commissioning professional by the Associated Air Balance Council (AABC) Commissioning Group (ACG), the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Commissioning Process Management Process Management Professional (CPMP), the Building Commissioning Association (BCA), the National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB), or the University of Wisconsin - Madison (UWM) is required
- Be a certified HVAC Technician. (Having a North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification, while not required, is preferred.).
- Proven ability to perform in a supervisory capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on projects.
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.