Supervisory Civil Engineer
- Job Title
- Supervisory Civil Engineer
- Job ID
- Pasadena, CA 91124
- Other Location
Supervisory Civil Engineer
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an experinced Supervisory Civil Engineer to support their work in Pasadena, CA. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with an FTE opportunity after the initial contract duration.
Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the Civil discipline. Supervises a group of five or more Engineers and designers by directing technical engineering assignments and coordinating project staffing assignments. The engineer at this level is a fully qualified and experienced professional, proficient in the utilization of civil engineering theories and practices. Willingness to travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected. The office work location for this supervisory position in Pasadena, CA.
- Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and quality is acceptable.
- Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned personnel. Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Conducts performance evaluations, takes corrective action as necessary, recommends promotions and salary actions, and recommends training and development for assigned personnel.
- Helps to define the scope of work, design criteria, schedule, standards, and procedures for project assignments.
- Determines budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule.
- Provides technical direction, making decisions, and/or obtaining additional technical staff assistance as the situation warrants. This may include obtaining the services of consultants.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including furthering the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensures that adequate checking is performed in accordance with discipline checking policy and procedures.
- Ensures that discipline design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
- Advises engineering and project management regarding any problem areas, staffing requirements, delays in production, scope changes, or other events which could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Initiates and/or reviews change order requests for additions, deletions, or changes to the original scope of work.
- Recommends design methods, equipment use, etc., for discipline standards.
- Supervises the production of project drawings and design calculations.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 12-15 years of related work experience. Professional Engineer registration in the State of California is required. Must be eligible for a government security clearance which requires proof of US citizenship
Hydrology/hydraulics, utility piping, and distribution network design on large-scale projects.
- Government/military agencies’ site and utility infrastructure improvement projects.
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on projects.
- Requirements include desktop personal computer (PC) literacy, familiarity with AutoCAD / Civil 3D, and a working knowledge of Civil engineering computer software; Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revue, used to complete design assignments.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.